GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
We have a vacancy for a software engineer within our Subsea Software Engineering department. The subsea software team work across a varied range of technologies and software disciplines covering our current and legacy portfolio of subsea products.
For the right candidate there will be opportunities to work on current projects, new product introduction, services, testing and maintenance, and much more.
The majority of the engineers in the team work across the full software development lifecycle and regularly get to work directly with the hardware we produce in both laboratory and production environments.
The team mainly work on the software that is deployed on our subsea electronics modules (SEM), the equipment used to communicate with the SEMs and the suites of tools that we deploy internally and externally to support the test and operation of these products.
Essential responsibilities include:-
· Analyse and document project / product requirements in line with customer requirements / expectations.
· Implement and document project / product designs in line with customer requirements / expectations.
· Develop software in line with the processes set out in our software quality management system.
· Develop test documentation and automated tests that can be traced back to requirements.
· Participate fully in design reviews, including presenting and exploring ideas and concepts.
· Review code developed by peers and actively use static code analysis tools, such as LDRA.
· Keep abreast of emerging technologies within the subsea domain.
· Have a good understanding of the C programming language.
· Have experience of developing applications using object-oriented programming languages, particularly Python, Java and C#.
· On occasions travel to other BHGE and customer sites in the UK and overseas, to support external verification activities such as commissioning and extended factory acceptance testing.
· Regularly keep management and project teams updated on progress and informed of emerging risks to schedule, cost, resource availability and scope.
· A good degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a good numerate / science focused degree (including but not limited to) Maths, Physics and Engineering or Equivalent relevant work experience.
· We would be interested in hearing from both new graduates and those early on in their career.
· Someone who can work well with people from all sorts of backgrounds and across engineering disciplines.
· The ability to communicate ideas and opinions, both verbally and in written form, to high standard in a clear and accessible manner.
· A problem solver who thrives on a challenge.
· Happy to work independently with the organisational skills to handle working on several tasks concurrently.
· Comfortable working in an environment where customer expectations on quality are high, and where delivery schedules and deadlines matter!
· Integrity. Someone with a desire to do the right thing and not cut corners.
· Experience of computer networking and networking protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP and PPP.
· Experience of serial communications protocols such as RS232, RS422 and RS485.
· Experience of industrial communications protocols such as Modbus, Profibus and CANbus.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
BHGE also offers multiple career paths and has opportunities for those who wish to move into management roles, progress up the technical ladder or explore other disciplines in the UK and across the world.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.