GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Onshore Wind Asia Pacific
The Project Controls Engineer for ONW Projects in Australia is responsible to develop, implement
and maintain project schedules, measure project progress, undertake earned value analysis and
develop, implement and issue weekly and monthly project status reports.
Develop and maintain schedule development plan / basis of schedule
· Coordinate and liaise with section managers to update the detailed schedule
· Coordinate and liaise with subcontractors and authorities in relation to planning and programming
matters for the various interface that exist on the project.
· Develop critical path method (CPM) project schedules using Primavera P6 and/or Microsoft
Project (MS Project)
· Baseline project and update project status on a weekly or monthly basis as required
· Analyse schedule variances and recommend corrective actions as required.
· Produce accurate as-built schedules and the relevant analysis, to substantiate extension of time
claims when necessary
· Prepare program and other detailed information necessary for substantiating claims and provision
with regards to planning and programming to the commercial department
Develop, implement and maintain processes for measuring physical progress.
· Develop, implement and maintain processes for earned value analysis including PV, EV, AC, SV,
CV, SPI and CPI.
· Generate and issue progress S curves with analysis.
· Liaise with Project Managers, Construction Managers and site team to ensure interface issues
are identified and dealt with.
· Maintain consultants and vendors drawing progress with Document Controller
· Monitor and report design review progress of client
Coordinate, prepare and issue weekly progress reports
· Assist in the production of monthly progress report for both internal purposes and client.
· Degree in engineering/construction management
· Minimum 10 years’ experience in onshore wind and/or construction
· Deep knowledge and proven experience in all facets of Project Controls
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Strong problem solving skills.
· Higher education in project management (e.g. PMP certification/business management) - desirable but not essential.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com