The Project Control Analyst will provide written analysis of project progress data (cost and schedule), support development of estimates at completion, and produce project progress reports. The position will support and work with project managers, finance, and project controlling.
· Manages, tracks and provides analysis on the projects budget. Including reviewing weekly labor reports, gathering estimates to complete, and updating reports with actuals. Reports issues to Project Manager and PMO.
· Perform financial analysis and provide input for corporate reporting.
· Enters and maintains all project financial data in ERP, including registering the orders, creating invoicing, and entering budgets.
· Processes and tracks invoicing for T&M, milestone, hardware, training, 3rd party, and change of scopes.
· Processes and tracks all revenue recognition per financial instructions.
· Initiates, maintains and tracks all budget activities for projects by work package.
· Prepares Monthly reports for project reviews, Quarterly reviews for Corporate Management and Budget Change Requests when necessary.
· Tracks and monitors project schedules and activities. Organizes and prepares necessary follow-up materials and takes steps to ensure commitments and deadlines are met.
· Analyze, manipulate, and present large amounts of data using standard Microsoft Office tools.
· Maintains and updates Action Items, Transmittals, SPR, Documentation, and Project Specific Lists/Databases.
· Prepares, processes and tracks all correspondence, reports/spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, meeting minutes and other written documents within the guidelines set for the position.
· Implements ideas, procedures, or systems for improving communications, tracking, or other business systems or methods.
· Coordinates meetings, books conference rooms and orders lunches for meetings. Ensures that conference room arrangements are appropriate for meeting agenda.
· Learn GE proprietary process tools and own their administration for the project execution team
· Organize project files and forms
· Actively participate in local quality council, including audits
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3 years of related project controls experience OR High School Diploma and a minimum of 7 years of related professional experience
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
· Knowledge of accounting / financial principles required and the ability to generate complex budgets and analyze financial and project reports
· Strong PC skills required, including use of standard Microsoft Office applications, Primavera Experience
· Experience creating spreadsheets for tracking and reporting purposes
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to write professional reports, procedures, and presentations
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to occasionally work non-standard hours to accommodate business needs
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).