The manufacturing technician will work as part of a team responsible for the manufacture of customized Lyo-stable products. The team works closely with customers to produce customised stabilized products to their specification.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is can work independently as well as a great team player. The ability to work in an organized and logical manner to enable multi-tasking is desired as is the ability to prioritise own work schedule.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
· Manufacture, dispensing, QC and packing of customised products for commercial sale by following developed methods.
· Work as part of a team to schedule and deliver against customer requirements.
· Utilising a variety of analytical methods (e.g. UV, Tg Onset, Karl Fischer) to ensure product quality is maintained and products can be released to the customer.
· Working closely with the R&D team in the introduction of new products into the manufacturing area.
· Using problem solving skills and methods to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
· Develop and implement process improvements using statistical and lean manufacturing principles, which aid improvements in product quality, cost and/or growth.
· To be aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
· Completion of all quality and compliance training within the defined deadlines.
· To identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
· Extensive lab experience and familiarity with general lab equipment, i.e. pipettes, centrifuge, balance etc.
· Ability to troubleshoot, collate data and effectively communicate results both written and verbally.
· Knowledge of computers and common software packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
· Ability to be flexible with working hours including some weekend overtime to optimize use of the lyophilization equipment.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working
· Experience of high volume dispensing within a fast-paced environment.
· Practical experience of Tg Onset, Karl Fischer moisture analysis, qPCR & spectrophotometry.
· Theoretical and practical knowledge of lyophilisation at manufacturing scale.
· Practical experience using liquid handlers, specifically Hamilton Starlet.
· Working knowledge of supply chain and production control systems similar to, Oracle ERP system, Magic and MyWorkshop document control.
· LEAN and /or Six Sigma experience.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
Learn More About Careers at GE
Learn More About GE Healthcare
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .