GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The EPC Systems Interface Engineer is responsible for the identification, management and closure of all external and internal interfaces during the Execution Phase of an Engineering/Procurement/Construction (EPC) Subsea Project. Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager, the EPC Systems Interface Engineer represents the EPC Systems Engineering team for all Interface related matters.
· Develop and communicate the project specific Interface Management Plan
· Work closely with the project team, product engineers, vendors, 3rd parties and client, to ensure that all project interfaces are identified and classified
· Ensure all Project Interfaces are established using Interface Records and Interface datasheets
· Populate the Interface Register and maintain status of all Interfaces through to closure
· Identify critical interfaces and ensure integration into the Project Master Schedule
· Produce regular reports showing progress of interface closure against plan, and highlighting critical interface issues
· Identify Interface issues early and report problems which could have commercial, schedule or contractual impact on the project
· Organise regular Interface Management Review meetings to maintain focus, identify problem areas and incentivise earliest resolution of interfaces
· Encourage and facilitate continuous collaboration, and flow of information, between all internal and external parties to ensure all interfaces are understood, addressed and closed as early as possible
· Identify interface ‘sticking points’ between the various parties and take steps necessary to avoid procrastination or deadlock. Escalate to the PEM and PD all issues which cannot be resolved locally
· Perform periodic audit of the Interface Management process to confirm correct reporting and archiving of Interface Management data
· Perform Risk Analysis of the Interface Register and produce mitigation plan
· Perform regular Change Management reviews of the Interface Register to identify any increase or decrease of contractual scope
· Analyse and report the cost of poor Interface Management to the project
· Produce an Interface Management Close-out Report analysing the performance against plan, identifying outstanding actions, and recording all Lessons Learned and Best Practices
· Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments
· Fluent English speaker
· Bachelor degree in Engineering or science based discipline is preferred
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Ability to interact with and influence multi-disciplined, geographically dispersed teams
· Strong influencing and communication skills combined with patience and tenacity
· Ability to plan and organise work methodically
· Excellent report writing and presentation skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.