The C13-SPINlab Installed Base Support Technician is fully qualified to perform service in one modality, and may have basic training in one or more additional modalities. Acts as the primary GEHC Services face to the customer. Responsible for meeting the daily service repair needs of designated equipment, and drives customer satisfaction through Service Excellence.
· Total system-level troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and service repair needs
for C13 SPINlab Dynamic Hyperpolarizer System.
· Completing Preventative Maintenance and Functional Management Inspections. Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
· Assist Engineering team with development and testing of service tools.
· Identify root cause of new failure modes and document procedures for service engineers.
· Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
· Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
· Maintaining tools and test equipment properly and ensuring they are calibrated.
· Meeting Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety, and/or other applicable regulatory requirements.
· Managing vendors service delivery processes in compliance with GE Healthcare policies.
· Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues and conducting root cause analysis that will lead to effective problem solving.
· May include training of clinical staff on designated equipment.
· Teach and assist other SPINlab service personnel on advanced and complex troubleshooting and technical fixes, plays a leading role on complex and multifunctional system fixes.
· May take on additional responsibilities within local area as needed
· Own customer issues from dispatch or identification of issue to resolution. Proactively engage with other team members to ensure they are aware of status of all issues, at all times for their designated customers.
· Effectively communicate and partner with Engineering and Scientific colleagues.
· Maintain regular, frequent communication with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up, leading to customer satisfaction.
· May include application training of clinical or scientific staff on designated equipment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and experience servicing electrical equipment; OR equivalent military education and experience servicing electrical equipment; OR High School Diploma/GED and significant experience servicing electrical equipment or equivalent knowledge and experience.
· Extensive experience of cryogenic and/or superconducting magnet service and repair experience
· Demonstrated field service skills.
· Significant travel is required.
· Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
· Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
· Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
· Experience with Web applications as well as Microsoft suite of products.
The successful applicant must comply with GEHC’s standard background check, including a post-offer drug test. In addition, during employment, the employee must comply with all customer access policies, including but not limited to obtaining and/or providing proof of required immunizations, and additional drug tests or background checks (including a federal government background check if assigned to support a contract with the federal government).
Special Physical Requirements:
· Candidate must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 lbs. unassisted and frequently bend, stoop, twist, climb, crouch/squat, kneel/crawl, sit and stand for long periods of time.
· Candidate must also be able to reach at, above and below shoulder level, flex/extend neck and have good hand and finger dexterity.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job may include color, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
· Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and Passport.
· Willingness to be available "after hours", or work a rotating On-Call schedule, including weekends, for critical issues and coverage, as necessary.
· Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
· Meet Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
· Complete all planned Quality, EHS & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
· Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
· Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
· Ensure timely dispatch closure (if applicable).
· Identify and report any unsafe workplace conditions or unsafe acts to the EHS Organization.
· Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe (if applicable).
· Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
· Must comply with all vendor credentialing requirements.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Experience with dynamic nuclear polarization
· Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
· Strong time management and organization skills and ability to juggle multiple responsibilities.
· Training and experience in multiple modalities.
· Operate with efficiency and sense of urgency.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United Kingdom for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world. GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us onTwitter , join ourLinkedIn Group or become a fan of ourFacebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of theGE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out theGE Careers Blog .