Embedded Firmware Electronic Engineer
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Services
BHGE Wireline develop downhole instrumentation (Wireline logging tools) used in the Oil and Gas industry. The business needs an Embedded Software Engineer to lead the development of the core firmware platform and specific tool firmware using varied technologies including DSPIC, ARM M0+/M4 and Zync Ultrascale+.
The successful applicant will be a core member of a small team working closely with the electronic, mechanical and software engineers to develop the next generation of downhole tools.
In this role, you will be a member of a team actively involved in developing physical sensing techniques and electronic instruments aimed at providing oil companies with important data about conditions in both new and established oil and gas wells. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class team of engineers and designers.
The successful applicant will become a key member of a team of electronic engineers and physicists developing sensor instruments to work in the challenging and hostile environment found downhole in oil and gas wells. As a member of the Development team, you will work closely with other Electronic, Mechanical and Software Engineers. The ability to communicate well with other team members on compliance-related issues is essential.
· Embedded Firmware Design and development (C, C++, ARM Cortex M0/M4, Xilinx Zync Ultrascale+)
· Responsible for designing, developing and testing electronic circuits and systems to measure ‘real world’ parameters in a hostile downhole environment.
· Be the Design Authority for key areas of technology.
· Working on concurrent designs and projects involving building prototypes, testing, confirming proof of concept
· Analogue and Digital circuit Design.
· Design capture using Altium Designer software
· Work closely with other Design and Manufacturing Engineers and Project Managers
· Technical document preparation – test schedules and procedures.
· Provide on-going product support throughout life cycle of product.
This is a highly challenging role and DT is seeking a strong candidate possesses the following skills and attributes:
· A passion for Firmware and Electronics engineering design and innovation.
· Is able to develop objected orientated firmware, and use real-time operating systems.
· Strong analytic skills and an ability to break down a problem and work from first principles.
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· An ability to work in a multi-disciplined team.
· Highly motivated self-starting approach.
· Familiarity with sensor physics and signal processing algorithms.
· Clear Thinker
· As a minimum, the successful candidate will have gained a good honours degree in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
· The candidate should demonstrate practical experience in the design, building and debugging of electronics either in a field environment, research and development or for recent graduates in a hobby environment.
· Experience of developing embedded firmware and object orientated code development.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Experience in one or more of the following competencies will be a distinct advantage to the candidate:
· Experience of working with real time operating systems.
· Experience of working with formal software design methods for example UML.
· Schematic Capture and PCB layout tools (preferably Altium Designer)
· Experience simulating circuits using tools such as Simetrix or LTSpice.
· FPGA development using VHDL.
· Experience gained in the oil & gas industry and in particular, the downhole/Wireline sector.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield
products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety
and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With
operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing
smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twittertarget=”_blank”>@BHGECo , or visit us atBHGE.com .
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.