GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
Significant investments are being made in the form of a new build facility, equipment and courseware improvements. We are now in the position to grow the team, and deliver a level of instruction where the level of competency will be the focus. Our Field Service training instructors will report to the Global Field Service Training and Competency Leader.
The Global field service training team, will be responsible for the continuous improvement of existing training programs by identifying, developing and then managing the most efficient combination of classroom, workshop and offshore training required to produce competent field support personnel.
Our Field Service training instructors will be our subject matter experts and deliver product training to our Field Personnel and Customers if needed
· Deliver knowledge and skills-based technical training courses for customers and employees related to the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the Product Service Line (PSL).
· Conduct knowledge and skills- based assessments of learners and document their progress.
· Provide objective feedback to learners and their supervisors concerning learner performance, understanding, and skill levels.
· Demonstrate effective use of instructional techniques in varying environments.
· Demonstrate effective classroom and time management skills.
· Facilitate practical, hands-on exercises in a laboratory environment.
· Evaluate training course effectiveness and make recommendations to improve the course materials.
· Develop training materials to support delivery of instructor led technical training.
· Participate in teams focused on the development and improvement of training programs.
· Work with consultants and contractors on related training issues
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements.
· Evaluate training programs and procedures to ensure company compliance.
· Adhere to and enforce all EHS requirements
· Liaise with Engineering, EHS, Technology, Marketing & Operations departments when performing routine syllabus maintenance and minor syllabus revision
· Execute special projects, as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge or experience
· (OR High School Diploma/GED with a minimum strong related experience)
· Extremely high initiative and able to embrace ambiguity.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership and influencing skills.
· Change agent with ability to lead through vision and implementation.
· Willingness and ability to travel (
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Ability to conduct training on equipment across multiple disciplines (i.e. mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic and software)
· Certification in training delivery or development best practices
· Knowledge of installation and operations of the relevant GE Oil & Gas product line
· Background in the offshore environment or oil & gas industry
· Technical qualification in a relevant subject
· Ability and willingness to travel globally on short notice, as required
· Field Service Experience onshore/offshore an advantage
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics
· Excellent communication skills, fluent in English – written and spoken.
· Ability to create accurate reports and associated documents
· Ability to implement the principles of adult learning
· Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
· Strong customer service mindset
· Demonstrated organization skills
· Demonstrated time management skills
· Good analytical and report writing skills
· Strong presentation skills
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.