Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Measurement & Controls
GE Oil and Gas’ dynamic Digital Solutions business provides solutions to maximize the economic performance of its customers’ operating assets through innovative and advanced measurement, sensor-based and inspection technologies, data collection, information management, decision support and control expertise. Its portfolio includes six major product lines, which lead in delivering accuracy, productivity, safety and bottom-line benefits to customers in many industries.
· Own and be accountable for manufacturing engineering activities to support the business objectives in on time delivery, cost of quality & safety.
· Drive projects set by the pillar to completion providing productivity, yield and safety improvements. Project scope will range from administrative tasks & process control to route cause analysis of production related issues.
· Provide mechanical support for containment actions and ensure adequate measures are put in place to remove risk of reoccurrence.
· Continually and effectively communicate to manager, production leads & project managers on progress of workload to help maintain team cohesion in this agile environment.
· Ensure lessons learnt are communicated and documented cross functionally, read across is considered and implemented as necessary.
· Responsible for running weekly reports on pillar yield and tracking of improvement activities to ensure benefits are captured & communicated.
· When required support the wider team with RTS, NPI & CPO related activities.
· Provide special process support for the site. Process dependant on successful candidate’s knowledge and experience.
· Engineering degree or relevant experienced Manufacturing Engineer
· Must have an excellent level of understanding of mechanical assembly and interactions, preferably Aerospace Manufacturing.
· Tooling design experience & the ability to understand technical drawings.
· Knowledge of Six Sigma Lean Manufacturing techniques, Shainin, Quality System, and statistical process control tools.
· Excellent level of understanding of process and design. Must have knowledge of sensor manufacture and the use of measurement equipment used. Demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Strong background and understanding of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation.
· Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and manage priorities effectively. Engage cross functional teams, shop floor and Technology. The candidate must demonstrate excellent team working skills, strong inter-personal and excellent communication skills with report writing & presentations.
· Must manage own performance against agreed goal and project objectives, accountable for quality, on time delivery. Experience delivering projects on both small and large scales.
· Self-motivated, enthusiastic and a keen interest to learn, diplomatic and able to apply a high level of initiative. Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment, energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change.
· Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
· Experience of using SAP software
· Mechanical Engineering experience
· Experience in Solidworks, Pro Engineer & Auto
· Certified Six Sigma Green Belt, Shainin Apprentice
· Experience with pressure measurement technologies Knowledge Preferably Aerospace Manufacturing process and design
· Customer facing experience.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Here are some other vacancies your might like
About General Electric
Inventer le monde industriel de demain, telle est la motivation de General Electric.
Multinationale de renom, GE est leader dans les secteurs énergie et transports dont les activités se répartissent entre GE Energy Infrastructure, GE Technology Infrastructure, GE Capital, GE Consumer & Industrial et NBC Universal. Doté d'importants pôles de recherche, General Electric met donc à profit son savoir-faire et ses connaissance afin produire de l'énergie, bâtir, faciliter les déplacement et améliorer les soins à travers le monde.
GE couvre un large de panel de métiers, niveaux et compétences à travers des fonctions d'ingénierie, marketing, santé, finance, logistique, communication, business développement etc. De ce fait, les offres du simple stage au CDI ne manquent pas en France, notamment sur les sites de Buc et Velizy Villacoublay, près de Paris.
La société offre des voies professionnelles multiples et intéressantes d'un point de vue rémunération, cadre de travail et challenges pour de jeunes stagiaires ou alternants souhaitant mettre à profit leurs compétences au sein d'une entreprise au service de tous pour inventer les solutions de demain.
Rejoignez GE pour construire votre parcours ensemble.