QWest are recruiting for a Security Operative to be based at Cheshire Bus Interchange, Gorse Stacks, 15 St Oswalds Way, Chester CH1 3HN. This is a permanent part time role working 16 hours per week (Four Days on Four Days Off). On offer is an hourly rate of £10 and company benefits packag e.
Working Shifts this covers are as follows:
Monday - Saturday - 17:30 - 23:30
Sunday - 16:30 - 20:30
The role of the Security Operative is to work as part of a multi-functional integrated team to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Chester Bus Interchange. You will work with operators to deliver a safe and welcoming environment for customers. You will receive enquiries from members of the public, operators and other stakeholders and at times will be the first point of contact for all visitors and users of the Chester Bus Interchange.
You will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Chester Bus Interchange and will lock and secure the facility in accordance with the operating manual. You will ensure that all areas are clean and well maintained. Reporting to Group Cleaning Supervisor.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Security Operatives will patrol the Cheshire Bus Interchange to ensure it remains safe and secure at all times. In addition cleaning duties of the exterior areas of the CBI will be undertake such as litter picking and cleaning seating will be undertaken to ensure that this facility is kept to the highest standard of hygiene and health and safety
· You will undertake maintenance duties using light hand tools to ensure that all buildings are well maintained and safe
· You will open and secure this facility on a 7 day shift system
· You will be expected to undertake testing and recording e.g.
· Emergency Lighting
· Tap Temperature
· Legionella Flushing
· You will report to your Supervisor any maintenance issues that may arise
· You will be required to work under pressure, have an ability to problem solve and use your initiative when necessary
· You will follow all company systems and processes
· You will observe the site rules and maintain a smart appearance by wearing a Qwest uniform and appropriate PPE at all times
· You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and COSHH laws or regulations and will ensure that all company Health and Safety policies, procedures are adhered to
· You will be proactive and creative in improving current best working practices, while following the company safety procedures
· You will be prepared to perform any other reasonable duties as requested by Account Manager or Supervisor.
· You will deal with individual customer requests in a polite and professional manner at all times to exceed the customer’s expectations.
· You will maintain a positive on-site relationship with customers and Operators and be aware of any potential or existing customer dissatisfaction or circumstance and ensure that Account Manager or Supervisor are informed in a timely manner.
· You will act at all times in the best interest of the business to further good relations.
· You will ensure that instructions for the cleaning, maintenance and storage of equipment are always followed
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively engage with customers and colleagues (internal and external)
· Desirable - Previous Cleaning Experience
· SIA Licence
· Knowledge, understanding and experience of working in a public transport environment
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent time management
· Flexibility For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.