ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Mechanical Engineer to be based at Avondale House, Bellshill, ML4 3NJ. This is a permanent, full-time role working 36 hours per week. On offer is a salary banding of £31,362 - £35,400, dependent upon skills and experience, shift allowance and high quality benefits package.
This is a role for a proven Mechanical Engineer is responsible for all aspects of the mechanical engineering and maintenance of the plant and equipment in co-operation with the Operations Manager. Supported by a strong operational team, the focus is to ensure optimal long-term availability of the plant, to preserve the value of the assets and to meet set health and safety, environmental and financial targets for the Newcastle Helix and Edinburgh St James Energy Network Schemes.
· Efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the plant, including the stores and workshops management.
· Managing contractors working for the site ensuring their health and safety, as well as their performance.
· Will be required to respond to plant and equipment breakdowns during rota shift hours.
· Contracted to a flexibility agreement covering training requirements and shift cover sometimes at short notice
· Work at the various ENGIE sites in North England and Scotland as and when required.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Possess SVQ III to SVQ IV or HND Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) qualifications
· Have preferably 5 years’ experience working within a industrial environment within Mechanical Engineering discipline
· Possess an IOSH (or equivalent) safety qualification, training will be given
· Knowledge and experience of associated repair methods in mechanical plant
· Experience in working with a Computerised Maintenance Management System
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Sep 13, 2019