ENGIE are recruiting for a Control & Instrumentation Technician to be based at Sizewell B Power Station, Leiston, Suffolk, IP16 4UR. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
Working hours are:
· Monday to Thursday 08:00 - 16:30
· Friday 08:00 - 14:00 Covering until 16:00 as and when required
Control & Instrumentation Technician role is to carry out maintenance routines, diagnosis and fault rectification on a wide variety of HVAC plant, instruments & their controls. A successful candidate will also be required to provide support to HVAC technicians working on motors, pumps, compressors, fans, etc.
· Repair systems, plant or equipment to the required standard
· Install, commission and service plant & equipment
· Diagnose, fault find, debug and commission systems where required
· Provide out of hours cover as required
· Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels in a clear and concise manner. Interacting positively with the client and their representatives, proactively sharing information with others
· Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge of H&S and Environmental regulations
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· Formal and recognised apprenticeship or NVQ in C&I instrumentation relevant and practical experience within control and instrumentation
· Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Electronic Engineering / Mechatronics or NVQ level 4 or time served equivalent
· Fault finding & rectification skills
· City and Guilds 17th Edition wiring regulations
· City and Guilds part 1 and 2 2079-11 - FGAS (desirable)
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
“if you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview . ”
· Posting Date: Aug 28, 2019