ENGIE are recruiting for a Civil Enforcement Officer to be based in Grimsby, DN32 0LL. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a salary of £16,509 - £17,509, dependent upon skills and experience
Civil Enforcement Officers work a two week rolling shift pattern:
Week 1 - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.
Week 2 - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Shifts are split between 07:30 to 20:30 over a seven day period.
The role of the Civil Enforcement Officer is to patrol all permanent and temporary parking places (both on and off street) to ensure compliance with relevant legislation (Traffic Management Act 2004, Road Traffic Act 1991, Road Traffic and Regulations Act 1984, Disability Acts -1972 & 2000, Signs and Lines Regulations 2000) (and any other legislation that applies or supersedes this), by issuing penalty charge notices or warning notices, when required.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Duties must be completed in accordance with the patrolling plan to ensure all required areas of the borough are covered.
· Check all vehicles, both on and off street, for the display of a valid ticket, permit or disabled badge and issue penalty charge notices as required. This requires understanding, interpreting and applying relevant legislation (Traffic Management Act 2004, Road Traffic Act 1991, Road Traffic and Regulations Act 1984, Disability Acts -1972 & 2000, Signs and Lines Regulations 2000)
· Inspect parking meters and pay and display machines to ensure that they are working prior to issuing parking notices. Where meters and machines are not working place an out of order notice on them and report the fault to the relevant person.
· Record additional evidence which may be required to prove breach of regulations and which would not be included on parking notices.
· Report any signage or lines for compliance with Signs and Lines Regulations 2000 and report to the relevant person and record on electronic spreadsheet.
· Check car parks are clean, safe and available for use. Report any acts of vandalism or any repairs
· which may be required. Remove litter, clear snow and grit walkways as appropriate.
· Ensure all documentation, both electronic and written, is completed according to the relevant regulations.
· Act as a source of local information to the public and offer assistance and give direction as required.
· Place and remove as required, signage and / or cones relating to suspended parking provision, both on and off street.
· Report suspected abandoned vehicles to the relevant person.
· Report suspected inappropriate skip or other large waste container placement to the relevant person.
Required Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
· CEO’s must have, or complete within 6 months of commencing the role, a City and Guilds 1889 Level 2 Certificate for Civil Enforcement Officers (Parking) or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
· A thorough knowledge of all relevant legislation (including Traffic Management Act 2004, Road Traffic Act 1991, Road Traffic & Regulations Act 1984, Disability Acts – 1972 & 2000, Signs & Lines Regulations 2003) is essential to carry out the role of CEO.
· Extensive on the job training would be required to enable the CEO’s to carry out their role effectively.
· Good numeracy and literacy skills.
· Basic keyboarding skills.
· Ability to use a digital camera clearly and effectively.
· Ability to operate and communicate effectively using radio equipment.
· Good general communication skills, in particular being able to deal with difficult situations in a clear, concise and calm manner.
For more information about ENGIE please visit: http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
“if you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview . ”
· Posting Date: Jun 28, 2019