ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Account Finance Controller to be home based with occasional work at Canary Wharf and frequent international commute. This is a permanent, full time role working 40 hours per week. On offer is a competitive industry salary and high quality benefits package.
The Account Finance Controller (AFC) functions as the professional who assists the Operational Key Account Managers to undertake all aspects of financial management for EIFM accounts on financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation.
The AFC is responsible for the coordination and consolidation of financial reports at central account level and to analyse and control of the service delivery spending with the support of the local ENGIE financial teams.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
· Maintaining timely and accurate financial reports as per clients and Engie requirements and within agreed timeframes
· Supporting the EIFM Key Account Managers in preparing the annual account budget. Assisting and coordinating with EIFM account teams and Engie local teams with the preparation of budgets.
· Tracking and updating actual spend versus planned budget.
· Delivering precise, informative, well-organised documents and reports as required.
· Conducting financial reconciliations and analysis as require
· Following internal financial and accounting policies and procedures and ensuring compliance.
· Supporting and coordinates the implementation of the financial tools and processes across his/her account.
· Effectively communicating relevant project information and issues to superiors in timely fashion.
· Communicating effectively with clients.
· Developing a constructive and efficient relationship with local Engie teams to achieve faster turnovers of projects and provide operational support.
· Successful presenting complex financial information in a way that commercial but not financial managers can interpret
· Assisting in special projects when required
For more information about ENGIE please visit:http://www.engie.com/en/candidates-area/
Qualifications or Required Experience:
The post holder will hold a recognised accounting qualification, or have equivalent experience, as well as being able to demonstrate a good all round education
Previous knowledge and experience of SAP (desirable)
They will have an in depth appreciation of MS Excel (Advanced) and MS Power point, MS Word.
A knowledge and or previous experience of projects will be a distinct advantage as well as experience of building a reporting budgets and financial activity at a contract level.
· The post holder has to be self-motivated and be able to work remotely, they need to have excellent time management and team working abilities.
· Good negotiation aptitude, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities are desirable.
· Must be willing to travel to regular meetings at various international locations
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job advert is supported by the ENGIE Resourcing Team. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview
· Posting Date: Nov 11, 2019