Delta Light offers an opportunity to gain experience working for an international company and learn how to adapt marketing strategies to the US market (focusing on Florida, California, New York and Texas).
You will be working closely with and reporting to the Marketing Manager of Americas (in charge of marketing for Delta Light in the U.S., Canada and Latin America).
Your focus is the U.S. market and your main goals are to activate social media specific to the U.S., building press relationships locally and run local events successfully.
You will be working out of the Delta Light USA Headquarters located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida (40 minutes from Miami, Florida).
We are looking for a motivated and ambitious individual who is attracted to the A&D community and more specifically the lighting industry.
We offer an internship visa for a period of 1 year to 18 months.
Essential duties in supporting the marketing department
PR & Communications Support
• Build A&D press contact list for USA
• Create content calendar of press editorial relevant to Delta Light
• Submit editorial to press based upon the content calendar
• Support in adapting press releases coming from Belgium HQ to US market
• Research press coverage opportunities and potential partnership events with press
• Submit Delta Light products and projects for awards
• Submit creative ideas to build a strong communication plan around events, tradeshows and fairs: interactive experiences, social media contests, special prizes, guest speakers, etc
Social Media Support
• Build US Instagram and Facebook Page
• Support in adapting HQ content calendar to US market
• Suggest creative strategies to build followers on both medias
• Implement strategies and follow up
• Responsible for content posting on a weekly basis
• Submit creative ideas for gifts, decoration, etc. Gather quotes and compare prices
• Support in organizing and coordinating monthly events at US HQ: Greet guests, follow up with RSVPs, book accommodation, transportation, catering, set up and tidy up prior and post event
• Ensure showroom is kept organized and ready for client visits
• Support in organizing and coordinating events related to press opportunities, tradeshows and fairs
• Keep inventory of marketing tools and samples. Make sure they are well kept, ordered and none are missing (notify Marketing Manager if orders need to be made to HQ)
• Process marketing orders and follow up with shipping
• Support in keeping CRM database up to date: fill in missing information, correct errored mailing addresses
• In charge of the Delta Light marketing email address: Scan through daily emails and report to Marketing Manager if any need attention
• Support Marketing Manager in day-to-day tasks
• Build Instagram page for US with min. +3,000 followers within a year
• Re-activate Facebook Page for US and reach min. +3,000 followers within a year (currently at 1,600)
• Get min. 3 publications in A&D press (print or online) within a year
• Successfully run monthly events and keep showroom impeccable at all times
• Quickly familiarize with A&D industry, specifically the lighting industry
• Learn to speak the "lighting" lingo and attract targeted audience through relevant digital content
• Over a year build a volume of qualified followers on social media according to target audience (lighting designers, architects, interior designers, developers, real estate investors, contractors,…)
• Internship visa of 1 year to 18 months
• Possibility of a long-term position within Delta Light company thereafter
• Firsthand experience in B2B marketing
• Opportunity to work for an international company
• Learn how to adapt EU marketing strategies to the US market
• Understand the US market and the difference between states (focusing on New York, Florida, Texas, California)
• Familiarize with the expansive A&D community and more specifically the lighting industry
• Learn how to build relations with the press as well as the ins and outs of online marketing
• Work out of Delta Light USA's Headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Ideal candidate profile
• Strong communications skills
• Pro-activeness and adaptability
• Strong organizational skills
• Very good knowledge of Instagram and Facebook functionalities
• Will to learn in general and more specifically to study the fundamentals of lighting and its industry
• Computer skills: Word Doc, Adobe and Excel. InDesign and Photoshop are a plus
• Languages: Must be fluent in English. French and Spanish are a plus
• Familiar with lighting industry is a plus
• Attracted to design, architecture, lighting
About Delta Light
At Delta Light® – a Belgian family business – we design and manufacture architectural lighting and collaborate with architects, designers, contractors and investors to integrate light into their projects. We have been doing this through a global network since 1989, working on small and large-scale houses, hotels, offices, public buildings, retail and hospitality environments.
In the US market since 1999, Delta Light® has grown exponentially, becoming one of the leaders among high end contemporary and architectural lighting manufacturers in the country. Delta Light® products have become a renowned source of inspiration and a lighting design trend reference for American lighting professionals. Their unique European design combining the latest technology and highest quality along with its adaptation to the US market in terms of engineering, standards, and certifications contributed to the brand’s success.