At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Warehouse Operator in Portland, Oregon.
Manages warehouse inventory, operates forklift, and maintains inventory of supplies/ingredients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned that pertain to this classification. Job duties and knowledge listed are for the labor grade. Knowledge of all duties is to be cross functional, but specific duties are assigned within available personnel.
· Pull flavors from stock on hand for use in batching
· Process raw and finished product transfer between warehouse locations
· Pick and load orders for multiple warehouse locations
· Receive raw goods and finished product using Tek-Dan and HiJump systems
· Stage and ship finished product for blast freezing at off site freezers
· Unload and load trailers as needed
· Put away finished product in onsite freezers
· Pull and ship orders from our onsite stock
· Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures of incoming items and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
· Prepare and expedite shipments, including but not limited to: Determine labeling requirements, assemble and pack product containers, prepare and affix shipping labels on packed cartons, or pallets identifying shipping information for cartons, or pallets or other storage devices in an accurate manner, including any special labels that are customer required.
· Prepare all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner. Post weights and shipping charges, and affix postage.
· Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper/ driver, to rectify damages and shortages. Able to receive and process defective parts/ materials for replacement or credit.
· Maintain inventory of shipping materials
· Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition, and follow prescribed safety and quality regulations.
· Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to daily duties.
· Must be familiar with basic machine functions.
· Must be able and certified by a qualified trainer to operate powered industrial trucks.
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, departments, preferably customers and vendors as well.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Frequent walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, stooping, squatting, standing, twisting. Repeatedly lifting and moving 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently standing on a concrete surface for 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.