At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 18 weeks paid parental bonding), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Human Resource Generalist - Dallas in Dallas, TX manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· The HR Generalist is responsible for managing a range of activities related to employee/labor relations, staffing/ recruiting, training, payroll, policies/practices, and guidelines that foster a proactive work culture inside a fast-paced food manufacturing plant facility. Serving as the point-of-contact for associates, supervisors, and managers, this individual delivers value-added service that reflects our business objectives and support our mission and values.
· Administer effective recruiting and staffing practices by supporting and leading efforts for the recruitment of hourly and salaried non-exempt level positions. Coordinate position planning, identifying sources of applicants, interviewing, coaching managers on candidate interviewing and selection, analyzing job requirements and making salary recommendations. Maintain accurate staffing reports and metrics.
· Support new employees throughout the onboarding process: Coordinate and conduct new employee orientation.
· Manage employee changes/additions/terminations, and other HR program administration. Conduct and analyze exit interviews as needed.
· Maintains and enhances a productive work environment by resolving conflicts between management and associates; coaching management on effective management and coaching techniques; and maintaining open communications with associates and management.
· Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations, interprets company policy for managers and associates and ensures legal compliance of all federal and state regulations.
· Assess employee climate, morale and effectiveness and developing action steps for improvement for their assigned management team.
· Enable the successful performance of our employees, our leaders, and, through them, our business.
· Be a part of change management initiatives, performance management processes and succession planning.
· Maintains technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in human resources management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 5-7 years of experience as an HR Generalist, preferably in a manufacturing environment, administering all aspects of HR programs and disciplines.
· Previous HR experience in a union environment, preferred.
· PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP certifications preferred.
· Computer proficiency esp. MS Office products (including Outlook, Work, Excel, and Power Point), Ceridian, and knowledge of HRIS software.
· The ability to maintain a flexible schedule: working off-hours and/or weekends, as needed.
· The ability to handle confidential information.
· Active listening skills. Able to listen to managers and employees and discern data of value and concern to the organization.
· The ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
· Leadership and influencing skills. Can positively cultivate and influence relationships with managers and employees through the Company.
· Effective organization and time management capabilities. An individual adept at managing multiple initiatives and able to set priorities, and efficiently perform responsibilities.
· Superior communication skills. Ability to convey complex concepts and strategies, orally and in writing; and to effectively design materials and train staff as appropriate.
· Collaborative business style. Able to work with team members and cross-functionally in own responsibility scope as well as toward corporate objectives and initiatives.
· The ability to serve as a change agent who 'makes it happen' while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect. A self-starter.
· Sound judgment and recommendations. Possesses well-developed thought processes and ability to support decisions.
· Team player and collaborator.
· Creative thinker. Able to suggest innovative solutions to everyday problems.
· Understand and influence stakeholders (Team Leaders and Danoners, Area Owners, Leadership Team, etc.).
· Demonstrate empathy and respect for people.
· Develop authentic relationships, through generous listening and straight talk.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com .
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.