Danone is a major FMCG company in the UK, with market leading brands across four divisions: Waters (Evian, Volvic), Dairies (Actimel, Activia, Shape), Early Life Nutrition (Aptamil, Cow & Gate) and Nutricia Medical (Fortisip).
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition is the biggest and fastest growing of Danone's four divisions, whose mission is "We make everyday count for you & your baby". Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition manufacture and sell a variety of nutritious products including Infant Formula Milk, Growing Up Milk, Cereals and Foods under two market leading brands, Aptamil and Cow & Gate.
We believe that by helping mums and babies get the right nutrition during the first 1,000 days of life, from pregnancy until two years old, we can positively influence both short and long-term health outcomes.
Mission of the Role
An exciting and evolving role in the New Business team to deliver growth by winning news with two big brands (Cow & Gate and Aptamil).
You will work closely with a number of new retail partners to win new business through buying contacts.
You will own the account relationship, sharing insights with the wider team and retailers on a monthly basis.
You will need to be skilled at influencing multiple stakeholders, both internally and externally, to achieve results at pace
Keeping pace with the new customer opportunities ready to share the latest insights within the business and with retail partners
Influencing retailers to drive change to improve the engagement and ease of shopping the category
Prioritising your workload and balancing you time with multiple stakeholders across retailers, agencies, consumer marketing team, and the shopper marketing team
· Individually creating an effective contact strategy across multiple retailers to ensure collaborative relationships with teams
· Responsible for delivering up to £2m of incremental business for ELN UK and managing a trade spend budget of cc £300k.
· Analysing key sales data to create insights and action plans through evaluation that can form a hypothesis to deliver action and sales growth.
· Sharing performance and channel insights with retail partners in order to influence their thinking for the early life nutrition category
· Collaboratively creating retailer specific plans to drive channel and brand growth, in conjunction with the Category and Shopper teams
· To provide timely and accurate volume and financial forecasts working with finance and supply colleagues internally.
· Solve problems alone as they occur and identify solution to provide a resolution only escalating where essential.
· To support and contribute towards the delivery of a Key Annual Business plan within your customer channel across all of their formats
What does future career progression look like?
· National Account Manager
· Category Manager
· Shopper Marketing Manager
· Account Manager
· Demonstrates curiosity, scanning externally and internally for new business
· Proactive Self-Starter with a willingness to take full responsibility for the display of our products
· A practical knowledge of the food industry and the customers serviced.
· Ability to plan and organisation his/ her time and workload effectively whilst integrating knowledge from previous experiences.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to influence, persuade others by increasing the understanding and compelling them into a certain line of action.
· Able to quickly establish rapport with agencies, retail partners and internal stakeholders
· Is creative and able to think outside the box to identify innovative solutions
Leadership & functional skills required
· IT literate, proficient user of Excel
· Strong attention to detail, able to identify and resolve poor execution
· Good communicator who is able to build relationships with customers.
· Numerate, is able to interpret sales data, identify trends and create action plans
Previous experience required
· Degree holder
· Previous Digital experience an advantage
World Health Organisation Code
Danone Nutricia Early Life Nutrition (Nutricia UK), acting in the field of infant and young child nutrition is committed to respect specific rules to comply with the WHO Code of Breast Milk Substitutes and any related regulations applying locally.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com We have something special inside, do you?
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Danone, groupe agroalimentaire, est né en décembre 1972 de la fusion entre BSN et Gervais Danone. Ses activités couvrent quatre domaines : les produits laitiers frais (Activia, Danonino), les eaux (Evian, Aqua), la nutrition infantile (Blédina) et la nutrition médicale. Présent dans plus de 140 pays, Danone – qui compte 100 000 collaborateurs – réalise un chiffre d’affaires supérieur à 20 milliards d’euros auprès de 900 millions de consommateurs dans le monde. Plus de la moitié de son activité (55%) est liée aux produits laitiers frais, dont il est le numéro un mondial.
Danone propose des offres de stages et d’emplois dans différents métiers : achats, commercial, communication, finance, supply chain, juridique, marketing, qualité, recherche et développement, ressources humaines, systèmes d’information, etc.