Danone Canada is the country's largest consumer-facing B Corporation. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone Canada is looking for a Demand planner - Danone Canada in Mississauga.
Welcome to the danone revolution!
Danone is the leading North-American brand in the yogurt and beverage sectors. Danone's aim is to produce healthy products that create economic and social value and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Our wide-ranging portfolios enable us to better serve consumers' diverse preferences in high-growth and evolving categories. We're creating an Alimentation Revolution and it means we aim to nourish people, communities and the world. We are changing the way we make many of our flagship-brand foods and beverages by using fewer and more natural ingredients and incorporating more non-GMO ingredients. We're also committed to sustainable ingredient sourcing, water conservation, waste reduction, animal welfare and community engagement.
We are seeking to fill a Demand Planner position for a new product category. The main duties will be to ensure that demand aligns accurately with objectives by relying on the continuous use and improvement of existing tools and procedures and collaborating with Sales, Marketing and the rest of Supply Chain.
In this position, you will assume the following responsibilities :
· Actively participate in S&OP processes
· Participate in the volume forecast annual review
· Align with the business team to translate promotional volume into volume to be shipped
· Work closely with the Customer Solutions team to increase demand visibility and ensure key information is shared with the production planning team
· Work together with the production planning group to ensure alignment of forecasts and risks / potential operational impacts
· Consolidate forecasts in order to give leadership teams an overview
· Conduct analyses to determine upcoming demand
· Supervise and ensure consistency of forecasts for customers, products and distribution centers
· Understand the impacts of seasonal trends on all business segments and adjust forecasts for the new product category
· Collect useful past information and actively participate in predicting volume in relation to new product launches and the discontinuation of other products
· Measure and improve the reliability of forecasts to contribute to key supply-chain performance indicators
· Prepare ad hoc reports to improve forecasts and the ability of external actors to understand variances
· Develop consumption-based forecast models for different company segments
· Document and communicate risks and opportunities related to the plan/forecasts
The ideal applicant will possess the following qualifications and skills :
Education and experience
· Five years of experience in an S&OP context is required (ideally in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry)
· Bachelor's degree in business management and administration, engineering or other relevant fields
· Experience with SAP-APO (DP), MicroStrategy, Nielsen, IRI or Retail Link is a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office is required
· Experience in team management is a plus
Knowledge, skills capabilities
· Strong communication skills are required, both verbal and written
· Ability to develop and establish cross-functional relationships and communicate effectively
· Proven ability to lead several projects simultaneously
· Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work effectively as part of a team and in a matrixed environment required
· Ability to prioritize tasks and flexibility for changing priorities required
· Ability to question the status quo and actively take part in the continuous improvement of procedures and tools
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country's largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada's ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia, Oikos, DanActive, Danone, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free and more.