A position exists for an application designer / architect to work on a major government project. The main responsibility will be to produce detailed, low level designs for key system functionality, adhering to the architecture and engineering principles of the project. There will also be some expectation of involvement in the future architecture direction of the project.
Designs will be produced by consulting existing documentation such as use case, wireframe, domain model and high level architecture documents. Designers should also work closely with the business analysts, product owners and other architects to shape the designs and work through any issues identified. Ultimately involvement with the build and test teams will be required to ensure adherence and accommodate any changes noticed during the build stage.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Production of design documentation which adequately describes use case implementation, engineering patterns, services.
• Application of object orientated analysis and design principles, SOLID design principles and SOA principles.
• Working with the RedHat technology stack (Portal, Fuse ESB, BRMS).
• Working closely with the solution architects and contributing to the domain model and object relational mapping integration.
• Ensuring the code produced adheres to an acceptable design standards by working with
the development build teams, regular code reviews and mentoring when required.
• Identifying any potential issues and providing feedback to the business analysts and product owners.
• Regularly reviewing the as-is architecture against industry best practices and drive change using POCs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in object orientated analysis and design.
• Knowledge of ORM frameworks such as Hibernate, Open JPA and appropriately modelling data.
• Core Java knowledge. Java 8 experience will be a plus
• Experience of producing system documentation involving UML, use case diagrams, class diagrams.
• Knowledge of JSF, preferably v2.2 Rich Faces.
• Java web services experience, contract first development using Apache CXF.
• Ability to mentor technical colleagues and review work.
• Communication skills appropriate for technical walkthroughs and also product owner workshops.
• Experience in BPMN and BPM Rules engineBRMS.
• Experience of producing Physical Data Model using commercial databases such as Oracle.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.