Application Support Analyst
Be part of something challenging and rewarding and join CGI as an Application Support Analyst as part of a business critical support team throughout the business unit. This is a multi-role including Applications Support, Business Analyst & Tester depending on project requirements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
All calls will be logged on ITSM, given an initial priority and the Application Support Analyst will manage the call through to successful completion. Where necessary the analyst will liaise with clients to ascertain further details of a call to assist diagnosis of the problem. The successful applicant will also be required to perform the following duties:
• Manages and fulfils Service Requests, incidents, problems and changes
• Understanding of underlying database tables/structure
• Participate in the Weekly Incident Calls
• Actively leads and participates in team meetings, scrums or equivalent
• Identifies and implements service improvements
• Environment Management
• Provide detailed analysis of system defects as and when required
• Deployment/Release Management
• Liaises with vendors and 3rd parties to ensure assistance is provided in a timely manner
• Performance Testing
• DR Testing
• Functional Change Management (CCNs)
• Testing Management
• Proof of Concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Good customer facing skills - the ability to talk to business users and understand their issues will be key
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
• Experience in SQL
• Working and delivering to agreed service levels
• Understanding of pensions regulations
• Adheres to change control procedures and processes
• Experience of using Remedy or similar IT Service Management tools
• Experience of PostgreSQL
• ITIL Processes and Procedures
• Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex payroll issues
• A good knowledge of pension procedures ideally within public sector/education and/or a sound understanding of workplace pensions and auto enrolment requirements.
• Ability to effectively engage with third party suppliers, with experience of allocating work to suppliers and working with suppliers to resolve issues.
• Candidates must be willing to join a 24x7 standby rota to provide out of hours support when required.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
· Incident Management
· Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
· Test Planning & Implementation