BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 36 markets around the world and a global reach covering 95 markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
The Finance Department exists to provide accurate timely, reliable financial management information and regulatory reporting. This support includes: Financial Reporting, Financial Accounting, Accounting Control, Accounts receivable, Accounts Payable, Management accounts, Business analytics and revenue.
The purpose of the role is to support the functionality and integrity of the Accounts Payable Ledgers for BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
• Data entry of invoices for payment
• Continuous review process for efficiency opportunities
• Deliver timely manual payment of authorised commitments and manage running of weekly payment runs from SAP accounts payable ledger
• Apply expense authorisation controls
• Posting payable invoices/credit memos into SAP/Midas
• Maintain the general ledger relating to AP
• Posting/checking employee expense claims into SAP
• Preparing and production of Aged Creditors
• Completing monthly balance certification and reconciliations for Accounts Payable
• Maintain filing system for all AP documents and maintain accurate records
• Work on key deliveries with Accounting, Reporting and Performance Management
• Dealing with queries from all stakeholders
• Assisting the accounting team with journal postings
Skills and Experience required
• Demonstrable experience of Accounts payable or similar Finance functions
• Strong organisational skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Good PC skills, especially the ability to use accounting software and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level
• Good written and verbal communication (all levels of the of the organisation)
• High level of integrity
• Strong teamworking skills
• Ability to improve processes - Innovate
Qualifications required for the role:
• Relevant Professional qualifications – Part Qualified (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Ideal candidate profile