This role can sit anywhere in the Contiguous United States.
Do you believe cloud computing will be a disruptive force in government? Do you want to architect and develop new tools to help international governments implement the cloud-enabled agencies/ministries of tomorrow? Do you enjoy mission-driven development, building awesome software, and integrating across a wide variety of services?
Amazon Web Services is seeking top industry technical expert to grow our team dedicated to expanding our Controlled Working Environment (CWE) team to build, operate and maintain a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) approved infrastructure. We are seeking Systems Development Engineers build and support this working environment. You will help design architectural approaches and automate, enhance, and build new functionality for a complete separated end user workspaces environment. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers in the global community while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
Our Systems Development Engineers spend time:
· Investigating new ways to improve operations.
· Defining and developing new solutions to solve technically complex cloud issues for our customers.
· Investigating system variances about to affect customer applications before an actual outage occurs.
· Diving deep into new service announcements to determine unique ways to implement them to improve the effectiveness of the CWE.
· Managing user applications like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Crucible, Fisheye, Duo, etc
· Studying and learning from industry recognized Amazon distinguished engineers.
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
· 3+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, or Site Reliability Engineering
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect (associate) or AWS Certified Developer (associate) or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator (associate)
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect (professional)
· 3+ years experience deploying and supporting workloads on AWS
· 2+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, or Site Reliability Engineering, or end user computing or productivity solutions, or managing user applications like JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Crucible, Fisheye, Duo, etc
· Understands Government compliance programs and implementing them, like NIST 800-171 or new CMMC requirements
· Experience with open-source technologies
· Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
· Experience with maintaining distributed systems and web services
· Understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Automation, testing or monitoring framework development
· System engineering experience in the cloud
· Self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (resilient to hazards of “analysis paralysis”)
· Strong sense of ownership and drive
· This role can sit anywhere in the Contiguous United States
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 4 years of equivalent experience
· At least 2 years experience deploying and supporting workloads on AWS
· 2+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, or System Reliability Engineering
· 2+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
· 2+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture
· 2+ years of experience building automated tools in Python, Java and/or Ruby
· 2+ years of experience with agile software development practices