AWS Serverless team is hiring Systems Development Engineers (Top Secret Clearances Required to apply). We are seeking experienced Engineers to manage systems behind the US Intelligence Community's cloud services!
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical team in Denver, CO working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
A successful Engineer will do much more than manage infrastructure, tools. You will:
· Further existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency.
· Define and/or refine hardware requirements, participate in the development and delivery of operability-related features such as system health monitoring, diagnostics, repair, and other self-healing automation
· Develop or further existing application and system management tools and processes that reduce manual efforts and increase overall efficiency
· Adapt and improve operations management systems and processes to accommodate rapid and increasing growth in systems and traffic
· Participate in the design and execution of production acceptance tests and new hardware evaluations
· Maintain fleet inventory management, including producing, maintaining, and evolving capacity plans for various components
· Monitor the health of the fleet, automating system health, maintenance tasks, and reporting systems as needed
· Perform various system maintenance tasks, including configuration of new machines
· Dive deep and lead as a subject expert for operations of Serverless Services (Lambda, API Gateway, etc.).
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires that, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Job location is Denver, CO. Relocation assistance provided!
· Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
· Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems
· Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
· Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
· Experience managing large server fleets
· Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 4 years of equivalent experience
· 2+ years of experience in Systems and Network Administration, or System Reliability Engineering
· 2+ years of experience with focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security
· 2+ years of experience with web protocols and Linux/Unix tools and architecture, and experience building automated tools in Python, Java and/or Ruby
· 2+ years of experience with agile software development practices
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above