Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s distribution and transportation network operations are key enablers for offering the earth’s largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
WW Operations Finance is embarking on a bold transformation journey to improve and automate legacy processes to strengthen our core mission of providing timely and value added financial analysis and insights to the operations we support. Guided by the key tenet of process before tool, our first order of business is to deliver financial planning and analysis future state design for various planning cycles that occur throughout the year by executing on a multi-workstream, multi-project roadmap. We will ultimately deliver business requirements based on this process design and partner with our software development team to verify the appropriate functional and technical requirements are specified and are delivered by automation and technology solutions. Over time, we will expand our work to include other core processes such as closing activities, controllership, and reporting.
The Process Excellence (PEX) team is looking for a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (LSS MBB) to lead finance transformation activities to create global and scalable end-to-end processes. You will need excellent communication skills, strategic thinking, tactical execution, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment. You must be able to cultivate business partnerships with professionals at all levels and across organizational and geographical boundaries, to drive broad change in processes and systems using Lean Six Sigma, technology, and Amazon’s customer-obsessed culture.
Working backwards from the customer, you will provide thought leadership and influence change at all levels of the organization. You will drive the identification, adoption, and continuous improvement of global, scalable end to end processes that meet customer requirements. You will drive large cross functional process design and improvement projects, as well as manage a project portfolio ensuring on-time delivery of commitments through planning, execution, engagement, documentation, and monitoring of project/program work within the team. You will identify and evaluate potential risks and issues with minimal direction and determine appropriate paths to green. You will serve as an escalation point for resolving roadblocks.
PEX pillars will guide your journey.
· Assess process improvement and transformation opportunities and partner with process owners and stakeholders to scope opportunities, define problem statements and objectives, and structure projects and teams
· Execute cross functional initiatives and partner with teams to baseline current state performance, identify and validate root cause(s), identify / prioritize / implement solutions
· Train, coach, mentor, and/or certify WW Ops Finance associates in process improvement tools and methodologies such as kaizen, DMAIC, or DMADV required to participate on or run projects
· Sustain culture of continuous improvement and transformation
In order to create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement, you will validate implemented project benefits, monitor ongoing process performance, and drive opportunities for continuous improvement. You will be a key driver of global best practice and project idea programs to create a backlog of new projects and initiatives. You will deploy and manage local engagement programs consisting of lunch and learns, newsletters, and rewards and recognition.
· Good working knowledge of one or more Financial Planning & Analysis domains – planning, forecasting, closing, controllership, reporting
· Familiarity with distribution or transportation networks
· Self-starter who takes the initiative and works with minimal direction
· Maniacal customer obsession and excellent expectation management abilities
· Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively organize and communicate with cross functional teams
· Courageous and willing to stand up for your ideas within appropriate guidelines
· Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to challenge conventional wisdom, make fact-based decisions, and drive root cause analysis, and evaluate outcomes
· Ability to translate conceptual requirements from business owners into detailed business and functional requirements with an emphasis toward scalable and efficient global solutions
· Knowledge of Agile development practices, software development lifecycle, and how it pertains to the process improvement and project management lifecycle
· Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
· Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
· Proficient in Lean Six Sigma tools such as statistics, SPC, hypothesis testing, regression, root cause analysis, etc.
· Minitab, JMP, or other statistical software tools
· SQL experience with large data sets
· Tableau, Power BI
· Advanced degree (technical MS or MBA) from an accredited university
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations Management, Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience in a quantitative role
· Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Black Belt with 8+ years of global program/project management experience and a proven track record of leading successful delivery of cross-functional teams and improvements for transactional operations processes
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences