The Ops Tech IT Supply Chain organization manages a large suite of supplier portfolios and is responsible for a wide variety of global project initiatives that cross business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Projects vary significantly in complexity, size, and scope and include a wide range of project types, including but not limited to, new business initiatives, new facilities, new products, change management, and life-cycle.
As a IT Capital Planner you will manage and maintain the IT Capital Planning Program and Tools for your respective region to build a full life-cycle for funding needs. The primary function of the IT Capital Planner is to ensure funding is not an obstacle for Ops Tech IT or our global operations partners.
An background in technology, capital planning, general project management knowledge, and a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is crucial for success. Additionally, some projects may be conceptual and have little to no supporting documentation, an ability to work through the project needs and impacts are essential.
In this role, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop and sustain strong ongoing relationships with leadership, stakeholders, and diverse cross functional teams.
· Partner, work collaboratively, and participate in interactive capital planning sessions to establish short- and long-term capital plans in support of global IT Initiatives throughout the Amazon Operations Organization.
· Manage and maintain capital plans.
· Facilitate communication between teams to provide current, budgeted, and strategic spending forecasts ensuring accuracy and credibility in capital forecasting.
· Provide consulting, guidance, and document creation for capital policies, procedures, and workflows.
· Orchestrate regular review meetings with capital requestors and stakeholders. Conduct thorough reviews of business need / justification, scope, budget, and risks. Provide cost estimates for capital projects and confirm project submissions for capital plan inclusion.
· Obtain functional knowledge of Capital Asset Requests (CAR) processes, procedures and workflows across various regions and prepare high quality Capital Asset Request (CAR) packages for capital projects.
· Actively manage and monitor Capital Asset Requests (CARs). Proactively provide updates on the status of requests to stakeholders and other key business leaders throughout the life-cycle. Identify gaps, address concerns and plan specific actions, ensuring efficiency and timely securing of funds.
· Ensure key capital planning metrics are measured and regularly reported, enabling continuous improvement and sustainability.
· Interface with leadership when appropriate for insight on issues, concerns, prioritization and capital strategy.
· Champion conducting lessons learned and continuous improvement sessions, adapt existing processes to improve the efficiency of capital planning.
· Ability to travel both within country and Internationally up to 30% .
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's degree in supply chain, program management, engineering, business or equivalent experience.
· Five+ years of relevant work experience in supply chain, program management, planning manufacturing, financial or related field.
· Experience with core IT infrastructure components and service concepts.
· Three+ years of finance experience.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
· Excellent leadership, organization, communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Excellent written, editorial and presentation skills.
· Innovative, organized, thorough, and detail oriented.
· Experience driving business decisions with focused and relevant analytical data.
· Excellent meeting management and facilitation skills.
· Ability to comprehend and explain technical concepts.
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%.