Amazon is looking for an individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Engineer (DCEO ENGR) is responsible for operating and maintaining all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center. The DCEO ENGR serves as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime. DCEO ENGR’s are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
DCEO ENGR’s are Amazon’s front line responders for hands-on electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and operation. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building automation systems.
· Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
· Troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
· Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
· Able to work a 12 hour shift (rotating 3 to 4 day work weeks).
· Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
· Utilize internal CMMS to manage building workflows.
· Walk job sites in uneven terrain.
· Work at heights and from ladders.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
· Work shifts longer than eight hours in duration.
· Coordinate body movements when using tools or equipment
· Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance
· Bend or twist the body into unusual positions while working
· Perform physical tasks all day without becoming overly tired
· Use hands to manipulate small wires and objects
· Push or pull heavy objects into position
· Work in a noisy environment
· Work at depths, such as under raised floors
· Bachelors / Associates Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
· 4+ years of experience working in Data Center Facility Operations
· 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and technical writing skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Ideal candidate profile
· Associates Degree or Technical (Military/ Trade School) Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
· 2+ years of electrical or mechanical experience
· 2+ years of experience working in a Data Center of Mission Critical Environment