Scientific Writer – Life Sciences
BELGIUM Accounting / Management control
As a Scientific Writer, you drive and are accountable for high quality and timely end-to-end document development. You manage all content-related matters and lead consolidation meetings with reviewers to ensure multi-stakeholder feedback alignment and implementation. As a key player of the Scientific Writing team, you maintain a good communication and collaboration within the team, and act as an advisor internally and towards our clients. You conduct quality checks and peer-reviews for your peers to ensure high technical accuracy.
· Write, edit and update various clinical documents (i.e. clinical protocols, clinical study reports, investigator brochures, informed consent forms, briefing documents, plain language summaries and other documents) with high technical and linguistic accuracy as per ICH-GCP guidelines/standards and company policies and procedures.
· Efficiently interpret data and present complex datasets in a clear and visual manner.
· Lead the process of multiple document reviews and incorporate them into successive drafts.
· Engage multiple stakeholders to align on scientific content and ensure stakeholder feedback implementation.
· Effectively manage multiple project assignments and ensure that milestones are reached within the established timelines.
· Provide peer-review/quality control (QC) support for clinical documents as needed.
· Communicate proactively with your team and contribute in improvement initiatives to improve internal and client processes and documentation.
PhD in life sciences (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacology, etc.).
Excellent English and French skills (min level C1), both oral and written. Dutch is a plus.
Excellent communication: diplomacy, comfort with a variety of styles and high cultural sensitivity.
Excellent team worker who is not afraid to take the lead.
Quality-oriented mindset with strong attention to detail.
Flexible and open to take on new responsibilities or to be included in various projects/topics/therapeutic areas.
Open mind and open eye in terms of changes and industry innovation (e.g. artificial intelligence tools).
IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools.
Experience in scientific or medical writing and the pharmaceutical industry is an asset.
Previous project management experience is also an asset.