OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Powertrain Virtual Analysis Engineer -647882 M/F
Responsible for working with electrified & hybrid powertrain (engines, transmission, battery & motor) engineers, including controls and calibration, to proactively drive ePT system level design and optimization through virtual analysis tools.
Responsible for developing 1D/2D/3D simulation models and control methodologies/processes from physical principles for high voltage and low voltage Lithium ion batteries (cells, modules, pack).
The expected job responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
1. Develop, test and correlate high-fidelity physics-based models for high/low voltage Lithium ion batteries for electrified and hybrid powertrains (equivalent circuit, electrochemical, coupled with thermal models etc.)
2. Develop aging models for Lithium ion high voltage batteries
3. Develop model predictive controls (MPC) optimization methodologies for balancing performance, aging, and energy management
4. Drive design using Computer Aided Engineering tools (Matlab/Simulink, Ansys Fluent, Comsol, etc. ) to meet the component & system performance, efficiency, durability, and reliability
5. Provide components design direction, and control strategy development & optimization through System Integration
6. Execute advanced projects for new methodology and process development
7. Document procedures, and write technical/progress reports
8. Coordinate between different release groups, global simulation teams and suppliers to identify risk and communicate virtual engineering results