Description de l'offre
OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
Mechanical Engineer- 626676 M/F
Description:Responsible for designing and developing a product/product family. Ensures production procedures efficiently utilize materials and personnel. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary.
The Driveline Core Engineer - Supports both the Development and Releasing engineer with knowledge based technical support of best practices and acceptance criteria. Group has ownership of component performance standards, benchmarking and deliverables of engineering tools to aide releases in establishing best practices and optimizations. Strong technical background and experience in the area of Manual Transmissions, Transfer-cases, driveshaft, and 4WD systems design & development is desired.
Quality, manufacturing and DFMEA experience a plus. The Engineer will define and develop customer functional objectives and prepare formal documentation as required by each program to include source packages, DVP&R's, PAP's, LRP's, and related program management documents. They will coordinate and assist in the development of validation plans with the supplier and internal reliability organizations and participate in warranty reviews; support resolution of product quality issues. The team will work in a cross-functional environment with a supplier team, to design, develop, validate, verify, and release components. Candidate should be willing to learn & teach.
· Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering will also be considered with relevant experience
· Minimum three years engineering experience
· Automotive engineering experience
· Previous FMEA and DVP&R experience
· Knowledge with GD&T
· Proficient use of MS Office
· General knowledge (or better) of powertrain technology
· Strong analytical ability and comfort with detailed data
· Knowledge of customer research data and techniques
· Strong ability to communicate orally and in writing
· Masters of Engineering and / PE Licensed.
· Five years’ experience with driveline components and controls.
· FUNCTION MODEL
· May be required to travel domestically and internationally 20%
· Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.