Build your brand. Tell your story. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to start from the ground up and build something great. We are looking for technology game changers to lead Stellantis into a fundamental transformation within the automotive industry. Technology is going to disrupt the automotive industry significantly in the next decade and our organization is seeking high potential candidates to transform the company with a focus on the customer experience. Stellantis’s Software Organization (SWX) was created to build the most captivating experiences in the latest frontier of Automotive Technology.
As a Functional Safety Engineer at SWx, you will be responsible for defining the requirements needed to develop the new Centralized and Service Oriented End-to-End EE Architecture, providing Functional Safety requirements, and direction to engineering development teams to guide and enable Electrical & Electronic, HW design, Functional Domains, new features development and SW interaction. This role will provide technical requirements for the development of the new platform that will cover almost 80% of the Stellantis 14 Brands portfolio. Along with the team you will work, you will define and develop functional safety concepts and requirements, identifying potential safety risks, developing requirements, and supporting other activities in accordance with the Stellantis and International regulations. The key deliverable is to launch a world leading hardware platform product that exceeds all current and future technology challenges in the drive to achieve truly software defined Vehicle.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer with a background in high content EE Architecture solutions able to deliver state-of-the-art EE platforms that will enable the Stellantis SW Strategy, optimize solutions, and allow Hardware evolution decoupled from Software with an Agile approach.
- Define and own Functional Safety requirements to develop the new Stellantis Hardware & Software platform.
- Perform vehicle and system level hardware and software analysis to identify potential safety impacts.
- Develop safety requirements and supporting other activities in accordance with the Stellantis Functional Safety Engineering Process.
- Develop outstanding strategic relationships with product peers and engineering, research, business, design, and functional domain teams to help define EE architecture considering functional safety requirements “by design”.
- Manage the execution of System Safety tasks, from Safety concept and safety program plan to Safety requirements and traceability.
- Perform design review activities, CCA/CCM/DFMEA, supporting both in house and supplier lead development to ensure that work products are compliant with Stellantis and International requirements.
- Relentlessly drive to early life cycle delivery through an agile approach.
- Establish and conduc
- 3+ years of industry experience of related engineering experience.
- Bachelor’s in computer engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering.
- Track record of delivering business and technology results for complex, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Detailed knowledge about Functional Safety standards: ISO26262.
- Good knowledge in Network Communication Design: CAN, CAN-FD and LIN and Ethernet.
- Experience with off-board communication protocols (WiFi, 4G/5G, V2X connectivity).
- Deep understanding of typical vehicle EE architectures and automotive development processes.
- Management experience in ideating and creating intellectual property.
- Strong systems thinker.
- Fluency in English is required, any other European language is an advantage.
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in EE Architecture design or Electrical Engineering architecture roles.
- Designed EE platforms or components for Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Understanding of Safety of the Intended function (SOTIF).