Grant Management Consultant – Life Sciences
BELGIUM Accounting / Management control
· The Grant Management Consultant advises our customers on the feasibility to obtain external funding and provides consulting, writing and additional support to the customer project teams for all pre - and post award activities regarding external grants (H2020, VLAIO, EFRO, IMI2, …).
· Understanding research funding policies and funding schemes (regional, national and international level) specifically in the life science (R&D) field, preferably with relevant expertise in the domain of Horizon 2020, EFRO, BioWin Cluster competitiveness calls and VLAIO, and interest to learn new schemes (e.g. Horizon Europe, EIT Health).
· Matching client needs and assets to specific funding opportunities and potential partners, assessing the feasibility, costs and benefits of a grant application, translating a funding strategy into achievable roadmap.
· Writing of and consulting on (or coordinating the writing of) grant applications against strict deadlines, advising on project strengths and weaknesses in light of the grant expectations, managing the application process towards a successful submission.
· Building and deepening partnerships e.g. with cluster organisations in Wallonia, Brussels and Flanders
· If needed, supporting the setup of an internal grant management office and assuring a smooth and successful follow up (reporting commitments, compliance with grant rules) of externally funded projects, in close collaboration with the customer Project Leader.
· PhD Degree in (Life) Sciences or equivalent by experience, preferably with 3 - 5 years of experience in grant writing or grant management.
· Good writer with a creative mind, capable of translating project ideas into a convincing grant application.
· Able to take lead on an assignment and facilitate efficient collaborations between Akkodis and the customers.
· Flexible and capable of handling deadline driven work.
· Excellent communication skills (English/French, Dutch is a plus), both speaking and writing.
· Entrepreneurial spirit, able to spot new opportunities to extend partnerships or develop new services
· Capable of maintaining a high-level network.
· Experience in organizing internal and external project meetings and dissemination activities such as workshops, conferences and publications is a plus.
· Knowledge of Pharmaceutical/MedDev/MedTech/digital health R&D and experience with scientific research is a plus.
· Basic Project Management experience is a plus.