OPERATIONS - ENGINEERING/PRODUCTION
EVS Specialist M/F
To engage in the analysis, repair and maintenance of development fleet vehicles utilizing standard service systems and tools.
Essential Functions: (List all basic responsibilities related to the purpose of the position)
· Ability to inspect, repair, modify, maintain, and diagnose all product and equipment problems in M, R, GL pre-production, series, and trial vehicles.
· Broad base of knowledge about how vehicle components work and interact as well as the ability to work with electronic diagnostic equipment (STAR Diagnosis) and computer based reference material (Workshop Information System).
· Assist engineers with troubleshooting interior, exterior, mechanical, and electronic systems installed in carlines.
· Use and maintain common and specialized tools, basic workshop equipment, and standard workshop machines.
· Ability to use a workshop management system to precisely document repairs conducted, parts replaced and other pertinent information.
· Ability to determine what parts are required for work in progress.
· Develop and facilitate solutions for the implementation of product improvement and service repair documentation
· Willing to continually adapt to changing technology and repair techniques as vehicle components and systems become increasingly sophisticated by pursing on the job training and personal development.
· Required to prepare investigation reports and problem-solving documentation utilizing standard PC based applications.
· Ability to complete work assignments within standard published labor operation times (warranty time).
· Notify shop foreman when shop equipment is required, in need of repair, or replacement.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Marginal Functions: (List responsibilities which are not essential, but may be required)