Description de l'offre
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd. (Skynet)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: July 2018
Location: Stevenage, Portsmouth, Hawthorn or Newport
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging internship opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our internships give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
An exciting opportunity is available to join Airbus Defence & Space for a 12 Month Internship based in the UK Government Product Marketing department. The department's aim is to 'manage the lifecycle of innovative secure communication services and products delivered to Governments worldwide'. The scope of the department's activities encompasses product and portfolio management. Its products are end to end
communication services, primarily those enabled by satellite communications.
The department provides the 'glue' to make the business more integrated, cohesive and aligned. It drives sales growth through an entrepreneurial approach, encouraging a multi-disciplined approach from across the wider business to deliver the new services required by its broad customer base. This helps meet our mission: 'Pioneering the future from concept to customer'.
Within the role there will the opportunity to become a certified Product Manager through top-level training. You will be able to build your professional network through international travel, and relationships with the MOD and government agencies. This role offers a variety of opportunities such as organising live product demonstrations, sales training and marketing across Europe, United States and Asia.
Tasks & accountabilities
· Arrange International Lunch & Learn Product sessions
· Keep the Product Community Hub page fresh and informative
· Produce professional Quarterly Newsletters
· Assist with the Sales training in UK, France, Germany and Norway.
· Create quality material for Product Webinars
· Help run Stakeholder events using special workshop techniques.
· Create videos and other digital marketing material to assist the Product Management Department
· Keep the Product Portfolio information up-to-date and interesting.
· Ensure customer catalogues are up to date including the MOD
· Organise Live Demonstrations and marketing across Europe
· Increase the quality of customer knowledge by generating business collateral for customer shows and demonstrations. These increasingly take the format of digital mediums
Process & Procedures
· Ensure Product Process and Best Practises are implemented
· Encourage team to produce good KPI analysis & Reporting
· Ensure the sales tool is fully populated with Product information, so that we can track potential opportunities
· Support Training, awards, team event management, engagement on values
· Organising the team's regular reporting, optimising processes, and managing the tools and data archives
As you develop, you may also get the opportunity to be involved in the following;
¤ Identifying market opportunities and enhancements to the product portfolio by:
o Understanding customer requirements
o Specifying services
o Defining product roadmaps
o Creating and supporting a Go to Market plan and product launch plan
o Developing business cases
o Influencing stakeholders
o Design of interactive catalogues, marketing collateral, and imaginative product names
¤ Developing pricing policies and benchmarking our current and future products against the competitive market place.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
¤ Currently studying towards a degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering or similar.
¤ Good use of digital media, social media and marketing tools.
¤ Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
¤ Entrepreneurial, inquisitive and commercial skills to be able to identify profitable new service offers for our specific markets.
¤ Excellent communication and team working skills.