Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Configuration & Data Management Officer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Portsmouth. The successful applicant will join the project management office within our Secure Communications group.
The main responsibilities of the CADM will include:
- Providing a service that maintains our projects and products integrity throughout their life cycle, by advocating, directing and coaching recognised best practice in Configuration Management in line with established company processes.
- Acting as the professional supplier of requisite information to external customers and for internal customers, whether they be Product/Project or Functional team, a reliable supplier providing guidance, advice and a professional service.
- Identifying and documenting the functional and physical characteristics of products, control changes to those characteristics, to record and report change processing and implementation status and to verify compliance with business requirements and other applicable documents
- Ensuring all parties involved in the project, at any given time during the life-cycle, to use identical data, in the same controlled status.
- Ensuring that project build standards meet stakeholder requirements.
The successful applicant will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
- As a member of the CADM team ensure exploitation of the CADM tools functionality by optimising their configuration it to meet the business needs of Secure Comms UK.
- A key Secure Comms CADM interface for the evaluation, implementation and rollout of the WindChill configuration tool
- In conjunction with the CADM manager agree CADM workload and priorities to ensure on time and on quality delivery
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- To help implement the project Configuration Management (CM) system and issue appropriate relevant procedures. Maintain and share CADM tools & process checklists and guidelines
- To issue the project CM Plan and subcontractor's CM Requirements.
- To verify compliance of subcontractor's CM Plans and if necessary, to monitor and audit subcontractors compliance with their approved plans
- Continue to enforce competencies and skills within CADM ensuring up to date processes, best practices are used and regulatory standards are met through current training
- Processing, checking & distributing electronic files (documents) from internal & external sources into the Document Management System (DMS)
- Referring newly received documents to the appropriate functions for information content validation and authorisation and to the Quality function for data integrity validation and revising their status in the DMS
- Distributing validated and authorised documents to internal and external (Customer/Supplier) points of contact using a formal delivery note process and appropriate tools / media (e.g. the Shared Working Environment (SWE) with the UK MoD, CDs etc.).
- Carrying out routine audits of the DMS and SWE contents to ensure that they continue to be optimised for the business.
- Developing and maintaining DMS training material and training staff as required.
- Carrying out CADM operations in accordance with a List X & MOD environment
- Maintaining classified documents and custodian of the Security Safes and Records
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
- Knowledge, experience and track record of utilising Product Data Management (PDM) & DMS databases specifically WindChill
- Very good oral and written communication skills
- Determined and focussed approach to complete a task (Completer/Finisher)
- Good working knowledge of the MS Office suite