Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Due to an internal promotion Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) is looking for a talented and driven individual to take up the role of Competence & Learning Project Manager. You will be tasked with leading change projects through the whole division including all of our European locations, defining and delivering a competency strategy with clear-cut action plan.
In your role as a Competence & Learning Project Manager you will be the focal point for the Space System Manufacturing domain within the UK too and will support the stakeholders into Competence and Learning.
In parallel you will also be in charge of and will contribute to implementing transversal projects in the Academy's scope (all plants, all countries) and working with the other Airbus Divisions for common challenges.
Your goal will be to translate business strategy into competence strategy and action plans (from short to long term) in strong alignment with the relevant stakeholders (i.e. HR, Quality,...) to secure implementation.
Finally your role will require you to guarantee that Manufacturing staff reach the required proficiency level to perform their function in a specific position.
This role will involve numerous business trips so you must be able to travel accordingly. (France/Spain/Germany).
Priority will be given to employees whose position is impacted by a workforce adaptation initiative.
As a Competence & Learning Project Manager you will be tasked with managing the Academy's projects to identify competences requirements and to develop leaning solutions for securing proficiency level in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering domains:
· Leads transversal projects in the whole Defence and Space to secure on time delivery within budget and scope.
· Gets the best by working with project teams.
· Enhances Academy's added value by exploring improvement opportunities (i. e. analyzing competence gaps, reviewing jobs and competences catalogues, and identifying new learning solutions).
· Contributes to other projects and processes (job mapping guidelines, competence strategy) in Space UK sites, supporting implementation and change management.
Tasks and accountabilities:
· Developing project scope, objectives, detailed plan and means, with all relevant stakeholders
· Documenting all aspects of the project
· Coordinating project teams
· Ensuring project delivery on-time, scope and budget, assessing performance and escalating when needed
· Working closely with upper management and other stakeholders to make sure project is on track
· Performing risk management to minimize project risks
· Build a network with key stakeholders and potential sources of competence outside Airbus
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
· Educated to a Master degree (or equivalent) in Industrial Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering or a related discipline
· Background in Manufacturing and/or Manufacturing Engineering
· Experience in Project Management
· Understanding of Budgeting
· Proven skills within analytics and strategical thinking
· Proven networking and communication as well as leadership skills
· You are familiar with digital environments and innovation management
Experience in competence and learning as well as experience in change management would also be an asset
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).