Airbus Group Corporate Functions London
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Start date: Summer 2019
Duration: 12 Months
An exciting internship has arisen at Airbus UK in Corporate Communications based in London. The internship will be for one year from early summer 2019.
In this role, you will be involved in a wide range of communication activities including media relations with national and regional media, public relations, events and exhibitions, internal communications and corporate and social responsibility. You will work with the London head office team to help promote Airbus in the United Kingdom (and its Business Units), to enhance its reputation, name, image, market position, products and capabilities.
You will have the opportunity to learn in depth the role played by a strategic communications department and to develop your skills across a broad range of activities. You will work closely with the Public Affairs team as well as with divisional communication teams and agencies, to support campaigns and strategic initiatives to support Airbus and its interaction with key stakeholders.
Internships at Airbus
· Provide support to UK Airbus London communications team
· Coordination and monitoring of communication activities/plans
· Reporting of communication activities and analysis of KPIs
· Assist in press activities, including writing press releases and media management
· Assist in the production, updating and management of all appropriate UK corporate literature (including the Airbus in the UK brochure, fact sheets, core values documents), collateral and electronic media, as appropriate (ensuring the Airbus in the UK internet site is current).
· Supporting the creation and development of traditional and social media engagement programmes in UK
· Assist in organisation of events, exhibitions, VIP visits etc
· Assist marketing and Public Affairs teams in implementing effective communication campaigns
· Media monitoring - analysis of coverage and service provided
· Research to support communication objectives
· Ensure effective and timely coordination with wider communication campaigns across the business
· Assist in internal communication activities across the UK and more widely if required
· Day to day liaison with PR agency
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
This role will involve working across all areas of communications often dealing with sensitive commercial and political subjects. A very high level of discretion is required plus an ability to appreciate the importance of subject matter both for external and internal audiences.
The successful candidate will need to have a pro-active approach to activities and a personal sense of responsibility. They must work well in a team, be self-motivated and know how to use their own initiative. They should be well organised with an ability to write good copy, and how to tailor it for specific audiences.
· Be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement
· Studying at degree level Communication, Public Relations, Marketing, Business Studies (or a combined degree of any of these with English)
* Knowledge of communication and engagement principles
· Ability to write clearly and accurately
· Excellent use of English and numeracy
· MS Office competent
· Able to produce high quality work
· Ability to work in a team
· Well organised
· Willing to learn
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic
· Skills in press release writing
· Media knowledge
· Skills in preparing communication plans
· Project management skills
· Problem solver
· Willingness to travel
· Familiar with Internet/Intranet systems including Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
Here are some other vacancies your might like
Constructeur aéronautique, Airbus est aujourd’hui le leader mondial de la construction d’avions de ligne. Créé à la fin des années 1960 avec le projet A300, lancé à l’initiative de plusieurs pays européens, il fabrique des avions de 100 places (A318) à plus de 500 places (A380). Il appartient au groupe EADS, renommé « Airbus Group » en 2014, et présent sur 170 sites dans le monde. 6000 avions Airbus sont aujourd’hui en exploitation, avec une volonté du constructeur aéronautique de mettre l’accent sur la réduction de l’empreinte carbone (réduction de la quantité de CO2 produite par avion).
Airbus, dont le siège est situé près de Toulouse, compte 59 000 employés dans le monde et 15 sites principaux situés en France, Allemagne, Espagne et Royaume-Uni (ainsi que d’autres sites aux Etats-Unis, en Chine, au Moyen-Orient et au Japon).