Description de l'offre
Application Services Analyst
Airbus Defence and Space Stevenage
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Information Management (IM) delivers the expertise, technology and equipment for Airbus Space and Aerospace products – We make it fly!
IM is transforming and evolving but, we need even more talented people who can make a real difference to how we support, enable and deliver a diverse range of technological solutions and services to our customers.
As part of our transformation the new operating model is oriented around multi-functional, agile teams working with the business and developing our digital capabilities. What does this mean for you? A role in IM is an opportunity for you to grow and to develop your career in a progressive and innovative environment.
Our people the teams they work in and the values embedded in IM, are driving this change and you could be part of that too.
Airbus Defence and Space are looking for an Application Services Analyst to join the Stevenage team. As an Application Services Analyst you will be focusing on co-ordinating the availability of industry recognised tools such as Eclipse and Jenkins.
This role will suit someone who has a wide range of Technology understanding, who enjoys managing the process of bringing a new application into an existing environment and is comfortable communicating with users from a wide range of backgrounds.
As part of a small team, you will be responsible for the delivery of development tools used by Software Engineering across the Airbus Defence and Space business.
The role will require travel to Europe a couple of times a year
The successful candidate will need to gain UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Tasks & accountabilities
As an Application Services Analyst, your main duties will be:
· Identifying, defining and delivering new business requirements
· Responsibility for a number of services relating to software engineers
· Assisting with common architecture, service road maps, service continuity, obsolescence, improvement, and innovation subjects.
· Working with service providers / 3rd parties on improvements and evolutions of services, including running small enhancement projects when needed.
· Making the toolset available – gathering requirements, testing the toolset, rolling out the toolset and then integrating into a live environment
· Managing and monitoring of software licences
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
To be successful for this Application Services Analyst role, you need to have the following skills / experience:
· Knowledge of Software Engineering, understanding IT issues from the business perspective.
· Comprehensive understanding of ICT architecture especially about the relationships between server, network, client, application and data base
· Solid knowledge of Software Engineering tools - including Software Configuration Management tools and Software Development Environments. Some familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite would be an advantage.
· Basic understanding of the principles and licensing of Open Source software
· Ability to manage small projects with regards to tool roll outs and improvements.
· Administration of Windows and Linux hosted solutions, also administration of a small number of databases
The environment you will be working in has the following technologies - C++, Java, Docker and Cloud technologies – any experience in these is desirable, but NOT essential.