Birmingham, West Midlands
£ 18000 - £ 21000 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - Payroll
· Job type
Banking and Financial Services
· External Reference
The Adecco Group is working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to provide a wide range of services including recruitment and HR for the temporary workforce for the 2021 Census. The Census is a once-in-a-decade survey that gives us the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales. Further details on the census and the Office for National Statistics can be found by visiting; https://www.ons.gov.uk/census
We are looking for x 6 Home Based Expenses Officers starting Jan 2021 until June 2021, working 37.5 hours per week. Salary is paying £18,000 - £21,000 pro rota
Reporting to the Team Leader, the primary function of a Payroll Officer is to contribute towards the provision of an efficient and effective support service to the ONS Payroll team, within Adecco Corporate.
You will be responsible for a range of activities with the opportunity to cross-train and learn new skills within areas such as, but not limited to; Payroll, Expenses, Payroll Queries and Processing Team.
As an Expenses Officer your duties will include the following:
· Produce expense reports in accordance with ONS policy
· Collate information and produce statistics
· Undertake any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Team Leader
· To review Expenses Policies in their entirety
· To uphold the values as set in the Adecco Group REACH Programme and to comply with any audit requests effectively
· Analyse, deliver and monitor relevant metrics for ONS
· Guarantee all work is compliant with ONS audit requirements e.g. ONS Policy and CAPS
· Carrying out daily audits on expense claims submitted by workers
· Auditing mileage claims against successfully received Business Insurance Certificates, and maintain tracker.
Additional Responsibilities may include:
· Identify potential queries and resolve problems or escalate to Management
· Attend training courses set by the HMRC and ONS every year
· Liaise with and handle enquiries from workers and ONS directly
· Respond to enquires and requests for information from outside agencies e.g HMRC and DWP
· Administer customer payroll information e.g export and import of timesheets, payroll reports, audit trail etc.
· Deal with errors and amendments
· Processing of leavers and generating P45's
· Excellent communication skills including experience dealing with Stakeholders of all levels
· Ideally experience with end to end payroll
· Excellent attention to detail
· Strong time management skills
· Happy to work within a busy fast-paced environment, where priorities can change rapidly
· Strong PC skills including Excel
· Salesforce experience would be advantageous
· Previous customer service experience
· Team/Individual work
· Energy & resilience
· Problem Solving
· Positive attitude
If this role is of interest and you meet the requirements please apply and submit your CV to Emma.Turner@adecco.co.uk and our team will contact suitable candidates - we expect a high volume of applications but aim to get back to each suitable candidate within 1 week and all successful applicants will be subject relevant to security checks.
Internal recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Intrernal recruitment UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please apply with your CV to: Beth Murray