£ 26000 - £ 28000 / Year
· Job type
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Adecco Group for a HR Advisor to join our HR Helpdesk team on a fixed term contract, part time basis (weekend working) as part of the Census 2021.
Who we are
The Adecco Group is the world's leading HR solutions company and is working with the Office for National Statistics (ONS) to provide a wide range of services including recruitment and HR for the temporary workforce for the 2021 Census. The Census is a once-in-a-decade survey that gives us the most accurate estimate of all the people and households in England and Wales.
The primary function of the role is to provide an effective and robust HR advisory service to managers and workers of the Census 2021. You will operate as part of a dedicated Human Resources team working alongside a larger network of teams and departments who respond to both manager and worker enquiries received via telephone and email communication channels.
As a member of the HR Helpdesk team you will be expected to deliver an effective and efficient interface for our client as a HR Advisor. You will be providing guidance in line with HR strategy to ensure client needs are met, whilst driving effective performance. As a HR Advisor you will be required to provide guidance compliant with prevailing employment legislation.
This role is a part-time position for 15 hours per week, salary between 26-28k pro rota, working set hours on a Saturday and Sunday which will fall between the opening hours of 8:30am-8.30pm (Saturday) and 9am - 6pm (Sunday). During this contract there may also be restrictions between February - June 21 to support the needs of the project.
On occasion there may be a need to attend team meetings in a central Birmingham location, this may also be the case for induction and training, therefore accessibility and availability to be able to travel to this location would be preferred.
· Assisting and supporting workers and managers with the following -
· Managing performance and conduct issues
· Disciplinary procedures
· Resolving conflict issues and dealing with grievances
· Absence related queries/issues
· Providing advice on HR policy and procedures
· Ensuring case details are updated and recorded in accordance with policy, processes and agreed SLAs
· Build relationships of trust within business areas and a good working understanding of the commercial objectives and challenges
· Identification of potential issues and trends and contributing to a strategy to train and up skill workers and managers where relevant
· Work with other internal Adecco and external ONS functions to overcome challenges and issues during live project
· CIPD qualified or alternatively will have experience of working in a HR generalist capacity
· Experience of dealing with a wide range of employee cases from initial enquiry to case conclusion - including performance, absence, disciplinary and grievances
· Previous experience working in a HR Helpdesk environment/role with high volume case work
· Identify and get to the root cause of issues quickly and effectively and solve complex problems
· Confidently deal with conflict, expressing opinions, making sound commercial decisions and standing by the outcome
· Handle all issues in a fair and consistent manner
· Communicate clearly and concisely at all levels and exhibit strong listening skills
· Be self motivated and work autonomously providing the required outputs
· Be well organised with strong attention to detail
· Respond positively and proactively to the changing needs of a demanding project role
Internal recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Intrernal recruitment UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please apply with your CV to: Beth Murray