Description de l'offre
Procurement & Supply Chain - Category Specialist
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
Technologist Role for a major Chocolate Company.
Are you looking for a role that involves more than a clipboard? If this sounds like you then keep reading.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within one of the largest global chocolate companies based in the Thames valley. The role involves supporting launches and managing new products using our iconic brands while keeping quality as the backbone of our business.
In this diverse and challenging role you will
* Support and take responsibility for the technical aspects of defined product ranges, applying your technical expertise and assisting with the launch of exciting product categories in a fast paced environment.
* Work with suppliers as well as internal teams to deliver products that are consistently high quality with a competitive edge.
* Play a key part in the management of product quality and performance through approving and auditing suppliers, maintaining accurate supplier information, plus ensuring clearly defined specifications and quality requirements are adhered to throughout the innovation process.
* Support the strategy across a number of categories to retain the company's position as the market leader within this fast moving sector.
We are looking for a:
* Dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a strong, well-rounded background in all aspects of food manufacturing and retail, ideally with supplier auditing & management experience.
* The individual should also be familiar with the NPD concept to launch process and have a solid and proven background in quality and food safety covering fundamentals such as GMP and HACCP.
* Educated to degree level in an appropriate subject you will have an excellent technical understanding of food development where you can manage customer expectations and timescales whilst advising on product quality and technical issues.
* Additionally you'll be confident and able to use your own initiative, thinking outside the box to consistently reach and exceed high technical standards while being able to flex your approach to meet the changing and fast paced business needs.
* You'll have a logical and analytical approach to improving systems and methods plus strong communication and relationship building skills as you'll be liaising with suppliers to source great products for successful launches within your category.
* Lead auditor qualification is desirable or the willingness and ability to complete this course during the induction period.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy