£ 28000 - £ 36000 / Year
Industrial & Manufacturing and Production - Semi Skilled
· Job type
Industrial and Manufacturing
· External Reference
We are looking to recruit a Process Operator to control, monitor and adjust equipment and processes to meet production targets. To report and investigate deviations from normal operating conditions, dealing with basic process upsets.
Role & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of all employees under COMAH:
* To understand the Major Accident Prevention Policy / Plan (MAPP) and Safety and Environment Management Systems.
* To comply with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and arrangements.
* Where applicable, to inspect before use, and use correctly, the plant equipment, machinery and personal protective equipment provided, and take corrective action within your competency level and report to line management any defects identified.
* To report all Health, Safety and Environmental accidents, incidents and near misses promptly.
* To act in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
* Not to use any new equipment, or carry out any modification or change of process or system of work, without first ensuring that adequate assessment and authorisation has been carried out through the Management of Change procedure.
* Where appropriate, to only undertake work for which you have been appropriately trained.
* In the event of an abnormal situation or emergency, to carry out the necessary actions to ensure your own safety and that of others, in accordance with the site Emergency Procedures, and to be available to be part of the Emergency Response Team in line with your training, specialist skills and Departmental expertise.
* Where necessary, stop processes safely where HSE is critically compromised.
* Participate in Process Hazard Assessments studies (eg HAZID, HAZOP and LOPA studies)
* Participate in risk assessments and incident root cause investigations
* Contribute to writing Standard Operating Procedures.
* Comply with electrical and fire safety procedures
* Comply with manual handling procedures
* Prepare to start up, start up, monitor and maintain, handover and complete / shutdown a process
* Maintain product quality
* Prepare process materials according to instructions
* Manage materials into and between production stages
* Separate and dispose of by-products and waste as appropriate
* Clean and prepare items of plant and equipment
* Prepare work areas for maintenance
* Maintain the condition of engineering assets report equipment and materials defects to supervision.
* To carry out analytical testing to ensure product integrity as and when required
* Complete all documentation to the required standard
* Maintain area housekeeping and 5S status
* Update operations status via Tier 1 Board & permit status via Permit Board
* Active participation in continuous improvement and other lean manufacturing initiatives
* Participation in problem solving
* To take responsibility for own learning and development in the spirit of continuous improvement of both self and the business - to target full flexibility and versatility to be able to work across all teams and processes.
* To assist in the training, mentoring and assessment of other team members
* To exercise autonomy and judgement subject to overall direction or guidance
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy