Manchester, Greater Manchester
Office and Secretarial - Office and Secretarial
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
* To provide administrative support in the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of
student records including using Campus Solutions and Discoverer for:
o Course Unit Enrolment and Course Unit Selection
o Updating Course Unit Publishing material
o Accredited Prior (Experiential) Learning (AP(E)L)
o Assessment and examinations
o Dissertation examination
o Completions and Graduation.
* To be responsible for ensuring any changes to University, Faculty and School policies
are complied with. In addition, providing efficient and effective communication to relevant
staff and students of any changes.
* Liaising with appropriate colleagues, for:
o Open Days
o Induction and Residential days
o Programme Handbooks
o Timetabling and Room Bookings.
* To act as first point of contact for student enquiries face-to-face, on the phone and via
email. To assist with the production and publication of programme documentation and
other miscellaneous documentation. Update and ensure the accuracy of the published
* To create new course units, schedule classes, set up and maintain academic advisement
rules and co-ordinate the implementation of any amendments to the programme or
associated course units.
* To liaise with colleagues in other Schools/Faculties to co-ordinate the use of shared
* To prepare records of new and returning students - ensuring program / plan information
is updated so that students are term activated onto the correct plan codes.
* To proactively work with the programme team (involving liaison with honorary and Non-
University members) in coordinating teaching timetables, scheduling of assessments and
exam board dates. Maintain effective communication with all registered students e.g.
informing of relevant workshops/training events, new procedures, deadlines etc. and
assist with the co-ordination of logistics for ad-hoc events such as residentials.
* Maintain attendance records, produce class registers and raise attendance-related
concerns in line with School and University policy (e.g. during census points) where
appropriate, informing external sponsoring bodies if needed.
* To provide administrative support for accredited CPD programmes for professional
* To work effectively with Programme Directors in the coordination of the programme e.g.
generating simple statistical information (for example, relating to student numbers) to
assist with the co-ordination of the programmes' annual review and providing
documentation for external accrediting bodies.
* To assist in the administration of examinations/assessment submissions for the School
programmes and dissertations, whether via Blackboard or using the School's dissertation
management system (eMOD).
* To activate Blackboard course units, set up content folders and populate the space with
* To use Blackboard for the management of student assignments and marks and to liaise
with the eLearning team regarding student technical queries and Blackboard
* To set up Turn-it in assignment submission areas within Blackboard and co-ordinate
download and distribution of assignment submissions to markers.
* To co-ordinate exam (including re-sits) information, requesting examination papers from
course unit leaders, formatting exam papers, sending examination papers and model
answers to the External Examiner for moderation.
* To organise examination logistics such as room bookings, timetabling information, exam
invigilation, obtaining answer booklets from Examinations teams and ensuring
examination scripts are photocopied and distributed to the correct markers.
* To input marks into Campus Solutions and notify students of results.
* To arrange examination boards for multiple programmes, to service the exam board
meeting (including providing advice and guidance on regulations).
* To co-ordinate the dissertation submission and examination process including (but not
limited to) checking presentation, distribution of dissertations to markers/external
examiner, completion of student records and production of award letters.
* To liaise with the Senior PGT Administrator and the Student Services Centre to ensure
potential graduates are correctly identified.
* To service committees as appropriate and as requested.
* To assist with the payment of student stipends for scholarship students.
* General secretarial/clerical duties including photocopying, distributing mail, booking
rooms, making arrangements for visitors, processing expenses claims raising requisitions
for programme related activity, invoices, distributing information as requested to internal
and external contributors and students etc.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy