£ 22500 - £ 24500 / Year
Accountancy & Finance - Payroll
· Job type
Engineering, Aerospace and Automotive
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity for a Payroll Administrator To be based within wider payroll team in Runcorn. This role is challenging and busy providing vital payroll administration support to the Company and the Payroll Manager and Head of Pay & Benefits Manager
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
· Direct data inputting of data such as absence and overtime on the relevant payroll systems;
· Responsible for managing your own payrolls from end to end. Including accurately and efficiently processing starters, leavers, regrades, timesheets, and personal data changes in line with documented process maps;
· Administer time and attendance systems for accuracy, auditing outputs where required;
· Interpret company policies, contractual terms, and government regulations affecting payroll and entitlements;
· Manually calculate payslips, contractual and statutory entitlements for example, occupational sick pay, SSP, SMP, SPP etc.;
· Successfully investigate and resolve payroll queries from local managers/ administrators' and employees - including tax issues, maternity calculations and national insurance queries;
· Successfully respond to and resolve correspondence relating to outside third partiers/agencies; for example, Inland Revenue, Government Departments etc.;
· Maintain accurate and concise record keeping and produce ad hoc reports where required;
· Ensure timeliness and deadlines on all payroll cycles are met completely and effectively;
· Ability to effectively present clear and accurate information to the payroll team and other employees of the Company via telephone, email and where required face to face;
· Ability to use own initiative to self-manage and process workload to agreed timetable in a challenging environment. Where unable to resolve matters directly, escalate to an appropriate member of the Payroll team to assist you with seeking a resolution.
· Complete any other duties that may be required from time to time as allocated by the Payroll Manager, Supervisor, Team Leads and Head of Pay & Benefits.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
· Accurate and timely processing of payroll
· Analyse and resolve queries efficiently and effectively
· Reduced payroll queries/errors per month
· Customer satisfaction both internal and external
Qualifications and Competencies
· Educated to GCSE level including A - C in English and Maths (or equivalent);
· Experience of working in a challenging and sometimes instantaneous payroll environment, with multiple locations and varying terms and conditions;
· Ability to competently apply a logical thorough understanding of legislation and various laws as they apply to payroll processing;
· Successfully manually correct errors in data as required;
· Demonstrate excellent oral and written communications skills. Ensuring customer service levels to be maintained;
· Ideally a working knowledge of systems such as ADP Freedom, SAP and Time & Attendance Software;
· An understanding of a trade unionised workforce is considered an advantage;
· Advanced Excel, VLOOKUP's, Pivot Table, Sum If, Count If and analysis tools experience;
· Experience in a unionised environment.
· Experience and proficient knowledge of MS Office365 (including SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
· Personal and professional integrity.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy