Office and Secretarial - Receptionist
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
Adecco Recruitment are currently recruiting for on behalf of our client, a part time Receptionist to work for a prestigeous office based in the heart of Preston City Centre.
Hours: Part time (20 hours per week) Mon - Fri 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits package (after qualifying period), including private medical, group life assurance, private pension, health and wellbeing initiatives and a bespoke flexible benefits scheme.
The principal duties of this role are to provide daily support to the Reception team, including:
* Answering and screening multi-line switchboard for Blackpool, Preston, Lancaster, Kendal, Southport, Manchester, Liverpool and Nottingham offices and directing calls in line with client services standards
* Greeting and welcoming clients and visitors promptly when they arrive in reception
* Responding to telephone and email enquiries in a helpful manner, ensuring that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner
* Ensuring that overflow calls are answered promptly
* Maintaining the rooms / resources online booking and confirmation facility, ensuring the facility is kept up to date at all times
* Setting up meeting rooms and providing refreshments for meetings, training and marketing events
* Ordering refreshments for meetings and events from external suppliers
* Receive, sort and distribute mail, packages and deliveries
* Franking all outgoing mail, maintaining the franking machine and prices
* Ensuring the reception area is tidy and presentable with all necessary stationery and promotional material
* Assisting with various administrative tasks and duties, utilising the Microsoft Office suite
* Any other ad hoc duties and project work as required
To be considered for this role, it is essential that candidates possess the following:
* Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, in person, written and via the telephone
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
* Excellent customer service skills with the ability to use discretion, tact and respect for confidentiality
* Fully conversant with Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
* Efficient and accurate typing skills
* A proactive and positive approach with a willingness to develop own skills
* Willingness to work collaboratively and as part of a team
Experience of working in a busy reception environment in a professional services firm is desirable but not essential.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible and will make an appointment as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply now for immediate consideration.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy