Marketing & Advertising - Public Relations
· Job type
Marketing and Advertising
· External Reference
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Communications and Campaigns Officer to join a public sector organisation based in East London on a part time basis.
The role would be for 21 hours per week, the days could be flexible, e.g. 3 days per week or reduced hours over 5 days.
The role will advise officers and members on all issues relating to the media, both in digital and print, and is responsible for the development and delivery of an effective media relations strategy which promotes and protects the reputation of the organisation.
The most suitable applicant will have previous experience and knowledge of social media and media channels and an understanding of planning and running successful media campaigns. The most suitable applicant will have previous experience working as a Communications Officer, with experience developing media plans, proactive campaigns to secure media coverage, etc.
Key duties will include:
· To develop and deliver an effective digital and print media relations plan
· To provide an effective media crisis service, liaising quickly with journalists to ensure their information is accurate and the organisation's reputation is protected
· To plan, implement, monitor and evaluate best in class campaigns, including behavioural change campaigns, corporate marketing, partnership and public affairs campaigns
· To implement integrate campaign plans that inform, change behaviour, engage and improve perceptions of the borough and the organisation, ensuring evaluation is built in
· To work effectively across the communications and campaigns team to ensure campaigns employ the correct mix of channels to achieve optimum traction with target audiences
· To develop and maintain positive working relationships with journalists in the national, regional and local media
· To ghost write and place features in the name of senior officers within the organisation
· To prepare well written and accurate media materials including press releases, media invites, reactive statements, photo opportunities
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy