London, Greater London
Office and Secretarial - Executive PA
· Job type
Office and Secretarial
· External Reference
PA - Higher Education
Our client, who are based in higher education are looking to recruit a PA to be responsible for providing executive support to the Head of Department and support in fulfilling academic, research and professional roles. Your role will include taking responsibility for planning and organising events and projects, working autonomously in most areas.
· Location: Central London
· Pay: £13.21 - £14.97 per hour
· Duration: 2 Months Initally
· Hours: Monday-Friday, 35hours per week
Head of Department Support
· Take responsibility for the effective and efficient day-to-day management and organisation of the HoD's activities and business.
· Management of a complex diary
· To act as a central point of contact for the department, liaising with colleagues in the IoPPN and the wider College on a daily basis, problem solving where necessary
· Drafting correspondence, reports and presentations
· Organise all aspects of meetings and appointments, including room booking, refreshments, greeting visitors, producing itineraries for any offsite and overseas meetings and some event management.
· Organise travel arrangements, including booking overseas flights and accommodation.
· Working with the department's Research Manager to support the HoD with new grant applications; assisting with the preparation of costings; inputting information to online grant submission forms; assisting with obtaining institutional approval and submission
· Ensuring that proper records of research applications are maintained on shared drives
· Maintaining oversight of grants expenditure, alerting the Principle Investigator of overspends and underspends
· Assist with the administration of consultancy activities, i.e. completion of forms, arrange payments of invoices, etc
· Ensuring Open Access and HEFCE compliance to ensure eligibility encouraging and ensuring online portals (such as PURE) are kept updated with new publications and other outputs;
· Assisting with the recruitment, extensions and redundancies of fixed term research staff contracts.
· Use the purchasing system to ensure that goods and services
· To have an awareness of the financial processes and departmental budgets.
· To provide support to committees where necessary.
· Communicate with external organisations and individuals including other academic institutions and Trusts.
· To provide support to all staff and students in the Department as instructed by the Business Manager or HoD
· Developing and maintaining up to date knowledge of departmental activities and actively understanding the issues of importance
· Developing and maintaining knowledge of corporate policies and procedures in order to be able to act in compliance of such policies
· Any other duties appropriate to the grade as directed by the supervisors.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - ability to work collaboratively with others and build effective relationships with internal and external colleagues and service users.
· Excellent computing skills, able to use MS Office packages including Access, Word and Excel as well as bespoke systems.
· Excellent organisational skills, able to manage competing activities and deadlines.
· Ability to create and maintain effective administrative systems.
· An understanding of data confidentially and security.
· Willing and able to travel off-site from time to time.
· An understanding of the financial procedures pertaining to post award research grant management.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy