London, Greater London
Education & Childcare - Higher Education
· Job type
· External Reference
· First point of contact with the Dean's office, able to provide informed advice and guidance across a wide range of issues that come under the responsibility of the PVC Dean and Associate Dean.
· Manage all incoming information to the Dean's office, making decisions on what the Deans should see and what should be passed to other members of the Faculty Management Team.
· Ensure the PVC Dean and Associate Dean maximise the use of their time, enabling them to focus on priorities to ensure smooth management of the Dean's office.
· Manage the PVC Dean and Associate Dean's email in-boxes to highlight urgent emails, and prepare replies on their behalf that independently require interpretation and application of University policies and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality on all aspects of communication in and out of the PVC Dean's office.
· To coordinate travel itineraries for the PVC Dean's office, including high profile external visitors and ensuring that travel abroad is planned and operated in accordance with the University policy and guidance.
· To develop and maintain paper and electronic filing systems, including confidential files. Ability to locate documents, files and correspondence at short notice.
· To conduct desk research and analyse data to prepare reports and documents on subjects as requested by the Deans.
· To conserve the PVC Dean's time by reading, researching and routing correspondence, drafting letters and documents, analysing information and delegating work to members of the Faculty Management Team.
· To provide historical reference by developing and managing the filing and retrieval system for the Faculty Executive Office.
· To plan, prepare and organise all Faculty meetings involving the Faculty Executive Office, ensure they are properly administered such as planning meeting dates, booking rooms, sending out notifications and minuting.
· To transcribe notes / minutes, proof read, format and copy edit documents and correspondence.
· To oversee coordination and collation of reports for meetings and ensure departmental deadlines are met.
· To undertake projects from time to time on behalf of the Dean or Faculty Manager including event organisation and management.
· Responsible for managing the work flow in the Dean's office, developing processes and procedures and managing a range of diverse administrative systems across the office.
· Act as Committee Secretary and ensure all Faculty Committees are properly administered including Advisory and Oversight Committees.
· Ensuring full conversance with Committees' terms of reference, remit and powers and its relationship to other committees to ensure a coherent reporting audit trail.
· Assist the Chair in facilitating the effective operation of the committee's business, demonstrating diplomacy and assertiveness when necessary.
· Collate reports, papers and briefings for committee meetings and boards and produce formal minutes in excellent written language demonstrating accuracy, impartiality and a clear understanding of the purpose of the committee and the wider governance arrangements.
· Advise the Chair on regulatory, procedural, wider University/Faculty context or other matters that might arise from the consideration of a particular item. Guide the committee to its past decisions as relevant.
· Keep membership records up to date and monitor committee member action points, serve as the authority on past actions, policy and strategy, coordinate any social activities for the committees, and ensure committee meetings are run according to their terms of reference.
· Ensure the Chair of the committees are kept well informed of which appointments are approaching end of term so that appropriate search or reviews are conducted.
· Ensure that all committee records are maintained in line with University governance for audit purposes and made available when required by authorised persons.
· To maintain a commitment to continuing personal development to ensure that relevant knowledge and skills are kept up to date.
· Actively seek to implement the University's Health and safety policy, and give due regard to the health and safety of themselves and others when carrying out duties.
· Actively seek to implement the University's Equal Opportunities Policy and promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post
· To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate to the grade and responsibilities of the post.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy