London, Greater London
Education & Childcare - Education Administration
· Job type
Education and Childcare
· External Reference
We have an exciting opportunity to work as a PA for a client based in Greenwich SE London. This role is currently for 2 months paying £15.00 per hour.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide a high standard of support to the Director of the Institute for Lifecourse Development/Director for Research & Enterprise and Institute and Centre staff and students.
To provide administrative support for the Faculty Research and Enterprise agenda.
· Provide a comprehensive, confidential administrative support and professional secretariat service in line with required Faculty standards and protocols, including maintaining diary commitments, and making any necessary travel and associated arrangements.
· Act as a main contact for visitors and partners to the Institute, dealing with a range of enquiries and providing a professional and welcoming experience
· Prepare reports, documentation and materials as required, ensuring a high level of accuracy.
· Organise and service Faculty and Institute committees, meetings and groups, ensuring that actions are followed up, completed, reported back and correctly noted. These include Faculty Research and Enterprise Committee, Research Ethics Committees etc.
· Monitor and oversee relevant research and enterprise budgets/accounts, process expenditure etc, ensuring procurement and spend complies with university processes and procedures.
· Support the Director of the Institute for Lifecourse Development with preparation for the Research Excellence Framework.
· Responsible for setting up and maintaining various efficient information databases where required, ensuring compliance with GDPR and other relevant legislation and guidance.
· Lead on organising Institute events, and Faculty research events, ensuring adherence to branding, with support from the Faculty Marketing, Events and Communications team.
· Support for recruitment of posts within the research areas of the Faculty, liaising with the Director and other Faculty Executive as required.
· Undertake projects as directed, researching and collating the information required.
· Ensure that sensitive and confidential issues are handled in an appropriate manner.
· Liaise with internal and external stakeholders at all levels as required within the remit of the role.
· To oversee and contribute to the maintenance and development of electronic resources such as the ILD website and social media (including ensuring that all proxy email accounts are maintained in a prompt and efficient manner), and ensuring webpages are maintained and up to date.
· Substantive administrative and/or secretariat experience
· Experience of planning and prioritising work in order to manage conflicting deadlines.
· Experience of working collaboratively across different functional areas.
· Experience of working in a busy and professional office.
· Supporting high-level committee meetings and taking minutes.
· Experience of successfully managing and organising high profile events.
· Project management experience.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both in writing and on the telephone)
· Proficiency of Microsoft Office particularly Excel and the use of spreadsheets and databases.
· Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and the ability to pay close attention to detail.
· Adaptable to different types of work and workloads.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure, work to deadlines and to manage a complex workload.
· Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in a professional manner (e.g. courteously, efficiently, assessing level of priority)
· Ability to anticipate potential problems / anomalies and deal with them before they become major issues
· Working proactively and effectively without close supervision
· Commitment to continuing professional development and desire to develop in the role.
· Discreet approach and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy