Procurement & Supply Chain - Planning & Inventory
· Job type
Procurement and Supply Chain
· External Reference
Adecco Recruitment in Lancaster are currently recruiting for on behalf of our client, a Materials Planner to join a successful and growing Lancaster based manufacturing company that is offering a competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, private health care, pension scheme, free parking and additional incentives as they genuinely value their staff!
The successful candidate MUST have materials planning experience from within manufacturing & good computer/organisational skills
Interacts With: Manufacturing, Company Subsidiaries, Customer Service, Quality, Finance
* Satisfaction of customer requirements
* Inventory optimisation
1. Schedule the machines to satisfy sales order commitments, projected demand and finished goods stock holding requirements, whilst ensuring optimal plant process efficiency
2. Receive and process customer orders in a timely manner, taking steps to expedite where necessary to deliver the customer requirement
3. Organise the transportation of goods to provide agreed customer delivery schedules
4. Receive distributor and customer sales enquiries, ensuring that all relevant information is obtained and communicated in order to completely satisfy the requirement.
5. Raise purchase orders with approved suppliers as required, taking account of manufacturers lead times, Lancaster's customer service level requirements and inventory levels
6. Communicate any issues of interest and/or concern to appropriate colleagues in a timely and accurate manner, particularly affecting customer service
7. Maintain the delivery performance for product lines.
8. Carry out stock adjustments on a daily basis in order to keep the stocks accurate at all times.
9. Provide absence cover for the Service Support - Customer service role.
10. Various administrative duties to enable effective, day-to-day working practices - i.e. to include (but not limited to) distribution of in-coming mail; franking of out-going mail, control of stationery stocks
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
* Good computer-based skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Knowledge of SAP and MRP systems desirable, but not essential
* A self-starter and an action oriented individual, used to meeting deadlines.
* Good communication skills and the ability to prioritise.
* Planning & Organising
* Analytical Thinking
* Accuracy of Work Standards
* Decision Making
Please apply now for immediate consideration! Interviews take place ASAP
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy